Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had the opportunity to visit the Great American Outdoor Show (GAOS) in Harrisburg PA last week. This was the show last year at which I first had the opportunity to handle a Spectrum (in the flesh so to speak). It was while at this show that my significant other ordered a Spectrum for me. I was and still continue to be quite pleased by my specimen, with no failures of any kind thus far. However, as some might remember, I wrote on this forum inquiring whether any other Spectrum owners had noted a misalignment of slide to frame on their particular guns. The press photos from Taurus didn't appear to exhibit such an offset, so I was curious about Spectrums in the wild.

Anyways, with the back story now set: the Taurus factory booth at GAOS had two Spectrums to hold and handle. Both exhibited the offset misalignment of slide to frame. Just thought I'd update since these are direct from the factory. Note: I did not inquire whether any parts may have been replaced, nor did I have the chance to tear down the guns to examine for excessively chamfered breech faces.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts