Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm a lefty and can't find instructions anywhere (including Taurus' website) on how to move the mag release button to the right side. Anyone do this? I assume it involves moving the straight spring in the mag well, but don't know for sure. Also, as to light primer strikes, I experienced that when I first got mine. After flushing the firing pin channel with Gun Scrubber and blowing it out with my compressor, it got better. The trigger also lightened up considerably after 500 or so rounds. I also found that using regular SP primers works better, too, as the magnum primers' cups are thicker than the regular ones. I've put almost 1,000 rounds through mine and it works great! Very reliable, and it goes with me most places I go in a pocket holster. I like the little critter!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've done it. First, dis-engage the pin/spring from the release with a small screwdriver or other suitable tool. Next, remove the release AND the pin. If you don't remove the pin, it will be in your way when you try to re-insert the release. Reverse and re-insert the release. Then, with a pair of long nose or a hemostat (preferred), re-insert the pin/spring into its channel. This way the pin will be resting on top of the release and then all you have to do is move it over into the slot on the release. Done.

·
Super Moderator
40,611 Posts
Hopefully someone will do it and post a YouTube video. Then again maybe YouTube will shut it down.

·
Administrator
35,526 Posts
If somebody bothers to do a pictorial thread on how to do it, we'll make it a sticky thread under the Spectrum section. Just be sure to attach the pics to the thread instead of using a photo hosting site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I attempted this today, only thing I accomplished was making some scratches/gouges inside the magwell. I couldn't get the pin type thing to get out of the groove.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used a dental pick shaping the one end like this...

this is how the spring engages the magazine release button

push the spring over to release it from button slot

pull the spring out with tweezers

slide the button out

slide the button in on other side as shown

put spring back in

push the spring over to engage button slot

·
Registered
7 Posts
How many hands do you have that you can accomplish this? LMAO I'll look into buying a dental tool so I can get this done. Thanks for the pics brother!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,176 Posts
If you only have two hands a vice comes in real handy. :cool:
My wife says that being two handed with trashy women and alcohol are two vices she'll not abide. :(

Reactions: slong115

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you only have two hands a vice comes in real handy. :cool:
I ordered a set of dental tools off Amazon cheap, they came in today. First try I got it! I didn't even need tweezers or take out the spring rod. I just sort of twisted the mag release button around it out, and then back in. Thanks for the great advice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My mag release is so loose that just shooting pulls the latch clear and the mag falls a little and there is either a no feed or a jam.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found that one of my mags was actually not locking in. If I twist and/or pull on the mag I could pull it out. I removed the baseplate from the mag and skated it on a piece of 240 grit sand paper and it allowed the mag to travel up further and issue of dropping mags is gone. I wonder if this could help with feed issues some are having.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts