Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is nowhere to be found on the web page or in the current 2022 catalog.
Honestly, it's about time. After my experience with an early model, I can't say that I am surprised...or sad. Except, well...I am.
Despite my frustration with the unreliability of the one I owned, I kept hoping T would fix the issues and relaunch the gun. It had so much potential with its phenomenal ergos and cool looking design that, had it been executed correctly, it could have been a game changer. Imagine an updated model with a 12 round capacity. It could have been out long before Ruger's LCP Max. Too bad,,,what a missed opportunity.

·
Registered
37,946 Posts
I am surprised that it lasted this long!
I saw some of the first ones at the NRA show here in Atlanta and they were very nicely finished weapon, pretty dang slick as well, the triggers were not the best but were acceptable, the shape was fairly ergonomic.
then i saw what was really hitting the store shelves, slides that did not line up with the frames, poor finishes, multiple operational problems complained by owners.
I guess the NRA show guns were hand fitted by Taurus?
IF Taurus isn't careful the TX 22 is going to build a similiar reputation with all its problems and once you build a reputation then you must live with it!

Reactions: cnj and Doobie

·
Registered
22,249 Posts
I'm just glad I got a good one while they were makin' 'em.

Reactions: cnj and Whittsailor

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I'm honestly surprised to hear that it was still in production this long, I sort of presumed that it was quietly discontinued years, because I haven't seen a Taurus Spectrum 380 anywhere in the past three years, and that's not an exaggeration. No gun shop or website I've visited in the past three years has had the Spectrum on display, so I figured that it was done.

It really is an awful shame though. I remember years ago when the Spectrum 380 was first announced I was totally hyped for it because it had a unique sort of futuristic aesthetic that I really digged, a set of features which were unique at the time, an attractive price point, and it was made in the USA.
Unfortunately, it got delayed for about a year, my hype died down, it was released with mass reports of unreliability due to light primer strikes, and ultimately I settled om the tried and true Ruger LCP instead, although I had hoped that it would eventually be fixed. I had even posted a thread asking if it had been fixed a few years ago, expressing an interest to get one if it had been, but it hadn't, so there went any interest I had left.

I had hoped that it would eventually be repaired and even receive a scaled up 9mm model as well as double-stack models, but after years of seeing hide nor hair of them on display anywhere, I had assumed they had been discontinued.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Surprised that Taurus hadn't come up with a new "latest and greatest" 380 before discontinuing the Spectrum. This means that they'll have to replace someones Spectrum with a 9mm since we all know they never have parts to fix discontinued guns. There's an idea, can't wait to break my Spectrum and have to send it in.:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts