Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine took her G2S out to shoot and on the final shot, she said she felt powder coming up against her face and then her finger started to hurt. She didn't get hurt that bad, but I've never seen this type of failure. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but looks like an overcharged round. I had a overcharged reload do that in a dan wesson, blew the grips off. Needless to say, I don't shoot reloads anymore. I see a box of blazer, but factory loads can be overcharged also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
You need to find that case then contact Blazer about the situation.

Were these reloads or factory ammo?

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Interesting that there is no char or soot. Did the mag come apart?

Reactions: pradeep1

·
Registered
24,898 Posts
That happened to a G2 that I gave my brother. Sent it back to Taurus and they replaced it. Kinda cut up his finger in the process.

·
23,074 Posts
Overcharged round would be my guess too. FWIW.

Nasty failure!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I told her about what you guys said. I don't think she paid attention to the ejected casing, so she didn't have it to inspect. I've told her to contact Taurus to get a replacement. As far as I know, she was only shooting factory ammo. Thanks guys for your feedback.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
This happened to me on a kahr CW9 a couple years back. Fortunately Kahr put a blow-out panel (my terminology) on their poly guns for just such things, and usually you can put them back together.
I was shooting Freedom Ammunition (with an A) re-manufactured ammo. There was a case rupture.

I contacted kahr- they sent me a shipping label and fixed the gun no charge.
I contacted Freedom Ammunition - and they apologized and said they would replace the ammo- still waiting on it.

In your case- looks like a new frame is in order....but if it was overloaded ammo- I would be hounding on Blazer.

Edit: If its not to late.... it may be worth it to go and try to find that spent case.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I've never seen anything quite like that, but I can see why it was the final shot.
It reminds me once of a guy who told me he was shooting a S&W .38 with reloads and he said the gun top blew up. I asked him when that happened, and his reply was "On the last shot I fired." I thought, "Well I should hope so." :lol:

Thankfully the gun handler in the OP wasn't injured.

·
Registered
485 Posts
had a cci aluminum that was overcharged in my charter mag pug 357 a few years ago, blew apart the cylinder and part of it hit me in the forhead. i was fine but the gun was toast, charter gave me a new gun, cci said they would check ammo but didn't hear anything else. a few weeks after my problem a fellow on the ruger forum posted a gp100 top strap busted from cci aluminum. i no longer buy aluminum ammo.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Glad she's okay...keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Vendor
149 Posts
I agree on it being a round issue. What is amazing is that the mechanical portions still look intact, not saying you should fire it again, but it looks like it would continue firing with a spare mag. Just an interesting side point.

·
Registered
297 Posts
This happened to me on a kahr CW9 a couple years back. Fortunately Kahr put a blow-out panel (my terminology) on their poly guns for just such things, and usually you can put them back together.
I was shooting Freedom Ammunition (with an A) re-manufactured ammo. There was a case rupture.

I contacted kahr- they sent me a shipping label and fixed the gun no charge.
I contacted Freedom Ammunition - and they apologized and said they would replace the ammo- still waiting on it.

In your case- looks like a new frame is in order....but if it was overloaded ammo- I would be hounding on Blazer.

Edit: If its not to late.... it may be worth it to go and try to find that spent case.
Freedom still shipping ammo? The local places haven't restocked anything from them since the bankruptcy postings.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Freedom still shipping ammo? The local places haven't restocked anything from them since the bankruptcy postings.
That was Freedom Ammunition (with an A).....not to be confused with Freedom Munitions. I think they may have gone under, I can not find them online?

Freedom Munitions I see has filed chap 11, but still seem to be open. I have shot their ammo in 9mm and 380. The 9 worked good, but my Bersa and Kahr pistols stumbled on the 380. I could not shoot it.

Lately I have been shooting Geco in 380 and S&B in 9mm.....cleanest most reliable cycling ammo I have seen. I will continue to use it as long as I can find it online and the price is doable. My SD ammo is Rem HTP in both 380 and 9mm....they work good in my guns. I got a deal on both a couple years back. I'll probably switch to Gold Dots when ever this Rem HTP runs out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts