Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to share some of the fun I had while shooting the June shootout this time.
I've been talking to a friend about loading the Speer plastic shot capsules. Ive tried shooting some of the "rat shot" from 22's when I was younger. I never could get them to hit anything even at a few feet because they always shot a donut shaped pattern.
Well the Speer shot capsules have made a believer out of me!
I'm enclosing a couple of targets that I shot with my S&W 38 Special snubnose at 7yards and 10 yards. BOY was I surprised. I put one target out at 7 yards and fired 6 capsules loaded with #1 and #4 buckshot. The target was obliterated!!!
Some just had all #6 shot. Some had a mixture of buckshot and #6 shot. The surprising thing to me was most all of the ones with only buckshot had about 3" groups in the 9 and 10 ring! I was amazed at the accuracy of those shells!
I am posting a couple of pics. If you haven't tried it, your missing out on a lot of fun. By the way, I think these would make for some really scary self defense rounds! A face full of buckshot and #6 shot should stop just about any malcontent.
The white target was at 10 yards. The black silouette was 7 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I don't know about penatration with these but a face full of shot would probably put the hurt on eye sight!

"Be careful kid you will shoot your eye out"

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have never heard of a Perp continuing to advance AFTER recieving a facefull of #8 at 12 ft or less... and if they should? well its like Hide & Seek...you are now hidding (in plain sight) and he is seeking the light switch!

·
Registered
118 Posts
You've figured out what us Judge owners have known for years :D

...that shooting shotgun shells in a handgun is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
OMG!! personally my wife likes me sleeping WITHOUT clothes....says she gets a "FLASH" sight when the Judge is fired in total darkness..really turns her on if you get the drift!

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I don't know about penatration with these but a face full of shot would probably put the hurt on eye sight!

"Be careful kid you will shoot your eye out"
actually a single 22. 355. 357. 41, 40 or 45 projectile to the face will pretty much screw up all eyesight, even a thumb jab does that.
as well as many of those calibers causing instant brain trama and shutdown.
seems no one has figured out a way to build muscle into the eyes, or shins, or nose!---LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts