Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know just ignore them. And I do. I didn't bother to respond to this one either but couldn't help myself from copying it and posting it here.

Of course I found it in another forum and it was in response to someone asking about the Poly Protector 605.

This was one response the poster got:
"Look for a better deal on a Ruger or S&W on Gunbroker, Armslist, just anything other than a Taurus. Sure some Taurus owner will chime in with "but mine is great" response. But for every one of those that you've seen you've seen 3 or more "my Taurus was a turd" type comments."

I just shook my head and moved on to the next post!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
If ignorance is bliss, he's one happy SOB.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
That poster probably typed that from his internet command center in the basement. Then, his mother called him up for dinner and he proceeded to shut down his 7 giant computer monitors. She then told him to wash his hands and slapped him upside the head for being so stupid.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Haters going to hate.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Cut and past him this:

As a former law enforcement officer and current army pilot (who by the way was awarded the army achievement medal as top gun pilot for aerial gunnery), I have had an opportunity to shoot many different weapons over the years. From fully automatic granade launchers, to hellfire missiles, to grandmas's .22, I've had a blast (pun intended). I personally own several brands of firearms. I carry a G19 everyday. On my nightstand is a Taurus 1911 with rails. In my wifes purse is a taurus ultralight 38 snub. In my office at home is a Taurus PT845. Some have asked why that brand? Arent they crap guns? No. They are OUTSTANDING guns. See, I learned along time ago that most people dont really know firearms and even fewer know how to shoot. Every brand has issues. It is amazing how some can find a few sour apples and make the assesment that all apples are crap. Ill just say I like apples and Taurus even more :)

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, as we all know, opinions are like butts, we all have one. So, why does the opinion of someone you don't know upset you? If you own the gun that is being bashed and you know it has served you well, then just chalk it up to what it is, BS.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Cut and past him this:

As a former law enforcement officer and current army pilot (who by the way was awarded the army achievement medal as top gun pilot for aerial gunnery), I have had an opportunity to shoot many different weapons over the years. From fully automatic granade launchers, to hellfire missiles, to grandmas's .22, I've had a blast (pun intended). I personally own several brands of firearms. I carry a G19 everyday. On my nightstand is a Taurus 1911 with rails. In my wifes purse is a taurus ultralight 38 snub. In my office at home is a Taurus PT845. Some have asked why that brand? Arent they crap guns? No. They are OUTSTANDING guns. See, I learned along time ago that most people dont really know firearms and even fewer know how to shoot. Every brand has issues. It is amazing how some can find a few sour apples and make the assesment that all apples are crap. Ill just say I like apples and Taurus even more :)
Yeah, my apples never shoot to point of aim. My Taurus does much better at that. ��

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
This came up over on one of the Ruger forums a while back. The conversation was about the new Single 7 and all the trouble with them, I sent mine in the day after I got it. Taurus was dragged into a Ruger conversation cuz no one wanted to bash Ruger. Had to have a bashee somewhere. The point I made was that I have exactly equal numbers of Rugers and Taurus; but I have had warrantee work done on exactly twice as many rugers as I have taurus. I've checked back a couple times but that ended that thread. Someone restarted a thread with a different title, same subject.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
To some; To pay more means it's BETTER....

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I like the fact that Taurus backs up what they sell with a lifetime warranty. They fixed an issue on my model 66 revolver that I caused and my PT22 as well.

Taurus is always the first handgun I look at when I make a purchase, If I decide not to buy one it's NEVER because of a quality issue.

Reactions: MilProGuy and darbo

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Most people just need a way to justify spending the extra $$ on a Ruger, S&W, Glock, etc...

Hand someone a Taurus and don't let them know what it is. They shoot just as good(if not better) than the well recognized names. A friend of mine sold his Shield to buy the pt111 G2 after he shot mine.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The hate Taurus blah blah is just that: blah blah woof woof.

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
I'm just glad everyone else is getting the bad Taurus guns, I'm 13-0 on not sending one back. Wait, I did have a rear sight pin work loose on my 1982 PT-99 with over 12,000 rounds fired. Taurus was generous enough to send me a replacement free of charge even though sights are not covered by warranty. So that puts one gun out of commission for a week, they must all be junk. ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have never had to send a firearm back to the factory for service out of all the many I have.
I did have to have 3 looked at by a smith. 1 was my Barreta that jammed up at the range so bad with a Blazer round i could not open the action. He fixed it for free if he could keep the round for display. The other was my favorite shooter a Taurus 83. It was out of time and spitting led after untold thousands of hot 158 grain reloads.
I asked him to send it in for warranty. He laughed and said he would fix it for less to send it in. For about 6 bucks it was working like a top. To bad he retired.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
One cannot reason with the unreasonable.

Reactions: darbo
1 - 20 of 48 Posts