Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is y'all's opinion of this safe? $500 delivered. Mostly deterrent against petty thieves, mechanical lock (I just dont trust digital).

Deputy® 14 - Granite Gloss

Yes, I know its not the 4-figure monstrosity that most of us would like, but was looking for something to fit in my limited closet space.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
How many of your firearms will it hold? All, half, some? If it won't hold all, where will you put the rest? All good questions to ponder...

Reactions: ICUKev

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it eill hold all my long guns, all our pistols, ammo, precious documents, they make a door-hanger for additional storage, and anything that doesn't fit will have to go in the 2nd one.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be able to fit 2 of these puppies into a closet, and still leave all the middle space for clothes and, well, closet stuff. All easily moved aside for access. And even if someone manages to break into/make off with one, half of our valuables are still retained.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
It may not be big enough.

·
Banned
860 Posts
don't buy the small one. I have the Winchester 24 gun safe with the electronic key pay. It is very safe and secure. If you watch the sales you can get the 24 gun model for 599 picked up at the retail store. I got mine from Tractor Supply. It is a great value.

I just bought 2 TCP's and will be visiting here to get information about Taurus Guns. I am not new to guns but new to Taurus.

Check here.. http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/winchesterreg;-gun-safe-24-gun-capacity

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
don't buy the small one. I have the Winchester 24 gun safe with the electronic key pay. It is very safe and secure. If you watch the sales you can get the 24 gun model for 599 picked up at the retail store. I got mine from Tractor Supply. It is a great value.

I just bought 2 TCP's and will be visiting here to get information about Taurus Guns. I am not new to guns but new to Taurus.

Check here.. Winchester® Gun Safe, 24 Gun Capacity - Tractor Supply Co.
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
How many of your firearms will it hold? All, half, some? If it won't hold all, where will you put the rest? All good questions to ponder...
You're right and also expansion for future purchases or other jewelry.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But I have limited space in which to place it, so the Deputy 14 seems to be a perfect fit. And I can still use the closet as a closet.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I'm getting buy with a small one. Not fireproof, but I don't have expensive firearms, and the price was right. Found it new on Craig's List. Guy said he got a good deal on it on sale, almost immediately received notice from his job that he was being transferred. The sale was over and rather than return it to the store, he decided to pass along the savings. Either that or it fell off the back of a truck. :D

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,957 Posts
When the wife finds out what a safe place it is for her jewelry and pictures of the kids you will need another/bigger safe.

When mine got full I suggested the wife get one for her stuff.

She sent me shopping for a new safe :D

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
I like it! All I have is a glorified gun cabinet (stack-on steel) to keep the guns locked away from grandkids. Wouldn't hold up to pry bars... But my collection is made up of just average guns... No high value guns

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
There are a lot of things to consider when buying a safe for guns and valuables. Space limitations and budget are critical but so is the fire rating. A short or non-existent fire rating isn't much protection for your valuables - or guns. Buy the best one you can afford with the thickest, lowest gauge steel you can find (definitely 12 gauge or lower - preferably 10 gauge or less) and the best fire rating. If a burgler can get into the thing with a crowbar or a wrecking bar, consider something else. Most stores that carry them in volume will deliver and install them for little or no extra cost.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Sam's Club had 18 gun Stack on safes for less in our area. You might want the check Sam's out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts