Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else besides me that gets irratated when you call a person or business office and hear yourself on a speaker phone?

It aggravates the poop outta me. :mad:

To begin with the expectation of privacy is a given, and if I want my conversation to be public I'll ask for it.

I've found the quickest way to get the person to "pick up" the receiver is to start the conversation with some offensive language.

They pick up real quick then. :thumb:

What say ye?

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
I usually just say, "Bad connection. I sound like I'm on a speaker phone. Call me back when you get it fixed." Then hang up.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Although it does bother me, I'm getting past it. First, I usually don't say things that are confidential - if I do, and they have me on speakerphone, then shame on them. I'm assuming we're talking about a work related call here.....second, we're all moving toward hands-free-all-the-time and I think this is just going to become more prevalent. My Ford SUV has built-in bluetooth, where my phone just finds it when I start the car and the calls all go through the speakers, and I speak normally through a microphone that is in my rear-view mirror. I love it, not having to get a crick in my neck every time that phone rings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts