Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Taurus .327 Federal Magnum revolver. Not the hidden hammer type (very ooogly, to me). It's all a deep blue and I cant wait for the rain to stop so I can shoot it a bit.

I'll be 70 in 2012, retired with medical problems that are, so far, under control. So, I putter a little, bowl a little, and shoot just a bit more when it's dry and shoot a tiny bit when it's drizzly. Hey, I live in Washington state, so it's drizzly ten months a year. :D

Looking forward to members with comments on the .327 and it's variations. I understand that the .32 ACP can be shot through the revolver. Yes?

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

Being "semi-rimmed" the .32 ACP can be fired in the .327 as well as the .32 short, .32 S&W long & .32 H&R magnum.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, the #1 handgun forum!

As a new member of TaurusArmed.net, you now have an enormous amount of Taurus information and personal experiences, literally, at the end of your fingertips.

Feel free to jump right in and share your shooting experiences and knowledge with us.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
32,612 Posts
Welcome from one .327 owner to another.

Yes, to the .32 ACP question.
I shoot mostly .32 H&R magnum and .32 S&W Longs through mine. Being of small stature means the 85gr. Federal magnum round is about all I care to shoot in mine. Otherwise the lower power rounds get used. Mainly for practice and for fun.

If the more powerful Federal magnum rounds are needed I have the Ruger SP-101 and Ruger GP-100 along to complement the Taurus 327. Not that the full power and heavier Federal magnum rounds can't be shot in the 327. They can. It's just a personal choice.

Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com
AmmoEngine: .30 Carbine, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals
Georgia Arms
Ventura Munitions | Online Ammunition Sales | Cheapest Ammo Online | Hunting Ammo

All of these Web sites get used to look for bargains for .32 S&W Long, .32 H&R magnum, and .327 Federal magnum ammo. I don't reload my own ammo, but probably should. lol

Please read the FAQ section, the sticky threads at this board, and the sticky threads at each board.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome from Central Pa!!!

·
Super Moderator
36,742 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas and Happy New Year!!! What a beautiful state you live in..was stationed in Ft. Lewis and got used to the rain and loved it. God Bless and enjoy the greatest forum going...

·
Administrator
40,089 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Greetings from Michigan my friend, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Welcome from Rhode Island to the most informative and friendly gun site on the web. :guns:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts