Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah I got thoughts........someone shouldhave spanked her when she was little. These people are going to ruin this great country! God help us.

BoneDigger said:
California congresswoman is trying to make it illegal to spank children. Read article at this link...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/p...0jan20,0,2730931.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Thoughts?

Todd
BoneDigger said:
California congresswoman is trying to make it illegal to spank children. Read article at this link...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/p...0jan20,0,2730931.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Thoughts?

Todd

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am with you on that one, I do not care what they say, I will Spank my kids when act up. It was done to me it was done to my Wife. And we turn out just fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine got spanked when needed. They need to bring back good old disipline and get rid of the "no child left behind" crap. They"ll be left behind after they get out of school.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Undisciplined children are usually the ones who end up breaking laws and running roughshod over the rights, both property and personal (not that there's a lot of difference there) of others, and thus, the ones who often end up in the headlines as having put themselves on the wrong end of their intended victims guns. I wonder if that's the reason the damocrats are so adamantly against guns- they know that since they don't discipline their kids and teach them what's wrong, when they don't respect our rights, the discipline we administer is permanent.

Note that I don't advocate or romanticize the taking of another human life, but I also refuse to allow myself to be victimized and not be able to do anything about it.
The applicable quote here, I think, is "Warning: Nothing in this car is worth your life."

·
Registered
61 Posts
captainamerica said:
Yeah I got thoughts........someone shouldhave spanked her when she was little.
It's Never too late! Sounds like she needs a spanking now.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I agree with all the above statements. If we don't discipline the next generations will just keep getting worse and worse.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i dont think it should be illegal, you can't smack a kid in the face.. can cause brain injuries.. although you would have to slap pretty damn hard to do that.

punching is out of the question as well..

but a old fashion ass smackin is fine.. it's just a fatty area it stings, it gets sore but the kid will be fine.

i do however see people go ape shit spanking their kids they're usually outta control by then.. so spankings ok but sometimes over used or to harshly delt.

Im one of those people who prescribe to removing activties and toys rather then physical punishment.. although thats not saying sometimes the situation warrants a little ass whupin.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got spanked plenty, not to mention a school-paddling once (ouch). Both my kids were spanked, and I got a call from my son's school one day asking if I would approve swats. My response? -- "Roll up your sleeves so you get a good swing". My kids are 23 and 25 now. I have friends with young children who are treated like "friends". Their kids are brats with no discipline. These are the same children that run a-muck in restaurants while their parents either pretend they don't exist, or think it's cute. It's a disgrace in child rearing.

·
Administrator
39,734 Posts
Now I realize whats wrong with you guys. You were spanked. :drool:

What you needed was a good ol' fashioned a** whupping. :deadhorse:

Yeah, I had a couple. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I remember on O'Reilly a couple of months back there was a woman in Massachusetts (another politician I think) trying to do the same thing. A swat on the butt to get a kid's attention is appropriate. A beating is another whole different matter.

·
22,021 Posts
One thing I have noticed is if you don't wait till the child is 7 to 10 years old to start the discipline Spankings are needed much less as the child gets older. I started mine out from the beginning and I have not had to spank my boy in a long time. Now that he is 17 I am not paying for speeding tickets or raising grandchildren. Even my special needs 10 year old daughter knows how to act in public. When we go out to eat and see children running around acting like fools we say they are suffering from L.O.A.W. For those of you who don't know what that means its Lack of &%s whippin. Yea I hate child abuse but I have met a couple of kids who needed a little abusing. I also believe not disciplining a child is as much child abuse as beating them.... :judge:

·
Registered
493 Posts
joe sixpack said:
Im one of those people who prescribe to removing activties and toys rather then physical punishment.. although thats not saying sometimes the situation warrants a little ass whupin.
+1
Spanking is not my first option but it needs to be done time to time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
airwrench said:
I also believe not disciplining a child is as much child abuse as beating them.... :judge:
+1 If it is done early, they WON'T need it much as they get older.

·
Super Moderator
21,544 Posts
I have only spanked my daughters once after that all it took was the threat of a ass whipping was enough. Mom always bluffed, Dad all I had to do was look and if I barked out they where standing tall. It worked for me seems to have workedfor them . Now a days kids will pull a gun on your ass they had an 8 or 10 year old murder some kid down here not to long ago not an accident but cold blooded murder.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got spanked a lot when I was little. I deserved all of it. I would have been a mess if my parents told me to stand in a corner as punishment. I spank my daughter when she deserves it. Hurts me more than her.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Whatever punishment works for a particular child. One of my daughters I could have beaten with a 2x4 and it would only have made her mad. Sore but mad. Take away her current favorite toy and the world came to an end and she turned to Jesus for forgiveness.

Another kid a butt smack was like getting shot. You needed an ambulance to get them in for emergency candy treatment right away.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
My wife and I have discussed this issue. When we have kids they will get spanked. Not beat but spanked. Both of us were when we were young and have seen way too many who did not get spanked and now they walk all over their parents and others. I want my children to be respectful of others.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts