Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The three together was the wife with warm 38+p loads, Longshot under Powerbond 125 gr plated HP. The small target is a healthy dose of 300MP under 125gr Montana Gold at full magnum level, double action. Off hand at 7 yards. I have a new fave carry piece.

Attachments

·
22,716 Posts
3" .357, right? There's nothing more versatile.

Nice shooting, and nice wheel gun! Even better that you get to shoot it with your wife!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3" .357, right? There's nothing more versatile.

Nice shooting, and nice wheel gun! Even better that you get to shoot it with your wife!
yes 3"

I created another problem, I have to get the wife an SP before I can get a Heritage Big Bore! !!!!! Good problem to have however!

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
When one finds a good tool, it's smart to stick with it. When do you get YOUR SP101? :D

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last Monday.

·
Administrator
40,089 Posts
Mine is a 2 1/4 inch version. Surprisingly accurate, and definitely a keeper. These are great revolvers.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
When one finds a good tool, it's smart to stick with it. When do you get YOUR SP101? :D
Ha ha ha! Funny stuff right there. Yeah, MoKen, if your wife really likes it, you'll be walking around all sad faced until you can get another to claim as yours! My wife did that to me once, over a .22 LR pistol. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
They are some of my favorite revolvers. I have two in .357 and the 3" .327 Fed. Good shooting!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I’m still deciding which SP101 in 357:Magnum with a 2-1/4” barrel to get for EDC.

They seem like fine revolvers.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know I'll get argument and that's fine I respect the opinion. And maybe I'm old fashion as I've tried to talk me-self into getting something in the fashionable 10mm. lolol! A fine cartridge it is but other than going in an auto loader can it do anything better than a .357? (and considering handloading)
I am absolutely in love with this little wheel gun. Sometime back I traded off my Taurus 66 but the 357 itch has been scratched now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the SP101 in both 3” and 2.25” and much prefer the shorter 2.25”. I did have to swap out the tacky rubber OEM grips on both to the wood Hogue monogrip with finger grooves. Much better feel and grip.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went back to the range today, 130 357 rounds 45 of em near top of the load for W296 powder with 125 gr pills. Fun fun fun!!!!!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts