Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a 'heads up' for you guys in the USA.
Here in South Africa our government is proposing that all firearms should be microdotted !
These and other 'wonderful proposals' are contained in the Firearms Amendments Act Bill 2015.
All in all the bill is intended to carry out the ANC government's stated objectives of removing firearms from the civilian population.
Gosh are these politicians running scared...
Take care Guys... these idiotic ideas have a habit of running away to other countries; just like the wild fires we are having in Cape province at the moment.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Micro-stamping is fixing to hit California. Apparently some
bill Gov. Schwarzeneger signed requires it to be incorporated
into guns sold in the state once the technology is available.

I think Smith and Wesson, and RUger have said "no guns for California".
Too much of a manufacturing headache.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I think Remington and a few small companies also followed suit with no California guns.

·
22,034 Posts
Thanks for the warning, Keith. The antis love big government, so they tend to stay abreast of these sorts of governmental control efforts.

Reactions: Ebha

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Good luck fighting those bills, but it sounds like there isn't much chance of victory.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I fail to see how firearms on LSD is advantageous at all; but I'm open-minded... if somebody can prove tripping guns are an improvement I'll be interested in reading the findings. whistling-1.gif

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Wonder if this is (or even realistically can be) retroactive for existing guns? I'm guessing only new guns are subject to the rule, but you never know. The ANC is craziest and most fascist political organization on the planet, IMO - little black Hitlers, most of them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rossi.
No ! It's all firearms...both existing and new !
It is proposed that we should pay around ZAR 500 (US$ +/- 50) per firearm to get this done.
Where, when, by whom and how hasn't even reached the 'thinking about stage' !
Total complete and utter 'bovine manure'.
Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Ever thought of moving?

Tell them microdot is a form of LSD from the 60's and 70's and they will run away screaming.

·
Administrator
39,472 Posts
What does the South African government claim will be accomplished by this? What problem will it solve, if there even is, a problem?

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
South Africa has one of the highest rates of violent crime in the industrialized world, at least in some categories. It's a recurring theme in high crime areas...just like the most violent cities in the US, they need to blame it on guns rather than criminals.

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
South Africa has one of the highest rates of violent crime in the industrialized world, at least in some categories. It's a recurring theme in high crime areas...just like the most violent cities in the US, they need to blame it on guns rather than criminals.
I would say it goes beyond the criminal and lays firmly at the foot of liberal pandering.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Guys...
It gets even better !
In today's newspaper, so it must be true :), our Acting Secretary for Police says,
"Tourists, particularly hunters, bring in guns and leave them behind.
When you come in with a gun you must take your gun out again".

So please, after you have come to SA to hunt 'the big five', when you are leaving, please give me a call/drop me an e-mail about where you are leaving your very expensive hunting rifles so that I can come along and just 'pick them up' before the BGs do.
I would especially like a Rigby or Holland and Holland Double this year.
Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Consider immigrating here, we need more white African Americans. For the time being most of our politicians are afraid of losing their positions if they back strong gun control. The sad thing is that the education system in this country is run by anti-gun liberals who are indoctrinating the youth to think that guns are evil and not the thugs committing crimes with them.

·
Registered
497 Posts
They better ban sandpaper and files while they're at it. Also better make everyone use a brass catcher at all times when practicing or your brass might end up at a crime scene as a distraction to investigators.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts