1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,879 Posts
I haven't done that it years. Years ago this method of cooking was made popular when the vacuum bag was advertised all over the TV. It was probably Ron Popeil that did the commercials.

Since then a number of RV'ers have adapted the idea of bag cooking to meet the needs of storage and food prep ease. Omelets mixed in a zip lock bag tossed into a pot of boiling water make for a quick easy to fix and clean up breakfast.

Of course I'm sure that the more serious chef has taken this to the next highest level and perfected it to fit any thinkable meal.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Don't you serve green Tang and green crackers with that?

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Wolf does it all the time but you'll find him active on Facebook more than here now.

·
Super Moderator
40,478 Posts
I've done it. Usually I am in more of a hurry than this slower process. I will say if you want perfect lobster this is the way to go followed by a quick sear on a very hot grill. Lobster tail vacuum sealed in a bag with garlic butter and cooked in 134 water for 1 hour. Take it out sear it on a very hot grill, the hotter and quicker the better. To me it is a perfect lobster tail, not chewy/rubbery in any way.

·
Registered
14,654 Posts
Cariwine also does Sous vide cooking but haven't seen him around in a while.

·
Super Moderator
35,739 Posts
I get concerned about plasticizers in food as well as release coatings from the manufacture of the poly. Of course I still love to grill and smoke foods, soooo...:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts