Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon have a Taurus 85 (2850021FS).

I am a 72 year old man , I live in Idaho, 20mi. west of Boise. We have some of the best hunting and
fishing in the surrounding areas close by.
I have hunted and fished all my life and been a shooter about as long.

My first question to the forum is, does Taurus still make the 3 inch barrel for the 85 and is it still available?

jic

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state.

State of "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net! You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
To answer your first question, I'm not sure about the three inch barrel for the 85.
You might check with TaurusUSA's web site.

Oh by the way. Welcome from South Tulsa.;)

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Welcome from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe I'm darn near right by you. Live'n in Meridian and Sherrif'n in Caldwell. I've seen the Model 85 you're speak'n of but I have not seen them on the Taurus website as of lately. I just picked me up the New Ruger LCRx3" and couldn't be happier. so keep that in mind and the LCRx3" is going for a fair price too.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Howdy from West By God Virginia...

·
Banned
17,333 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

·
Registered
12,089 Posts

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

New Jersey.jpg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe I'm darn near right by you. Live'n in Meridian and Sherrif'n in Caldwell. I've seen the Model 85 you're speak'n of but I have not seen them on the Taurus website as of lately. I just picked me up the New Ruger LCRx3" and couldn't be happier. so keep that in mind and the LCRx3" is going for a fair price too.
Yes, you are not far from me, I live in Middleton. I was looking at the Ruger LCRX3", but I thought they were to light to my liking and the prices were a little to high for me.

I know a few of the cc sherrif deputies, one of them lives on the cross street near me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the TA forum. Currently, Taurus only makes the M85 with 2" barrels. I'm happy you joined us....
Taurus use to make the 85 with a three inch barrel. I have seen them for sale on gun brokers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks people for the Welcome, I'm new to owning a Taurus Revolver. Well next Tuesday I will be a Taurus owner.

·
8,400 Posts
Welcome to the best forum on the web from Texas, haven't seen the 85 3 inch for a long time - it is not on the web page.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join us! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts