Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhhh! But don't forget.
Girls with Guns.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Thats great.. Nice show.. Girls & Guns what more could ask for..:)

·
10,379 Posts
I enjoyed the heck out of the first 2 or 3 seasons, then the hooey just got to be too much, so I'll respond to them coming back with a "glad to see more gun shows on the TV again" but also a "yay ::golfclap:: Where's Top Shot?"<g>

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
If you read the behind the scenes stories it will add additional pain to the show.

Will lost his FFL a few years ago because he could not account for a few machine guns.
They struck a deal with that other guy who has left the series since. He became the new owner (on paper) so the business could continue. He did not get the recognition (maybe money) he felt he deserved. Enter the love life of Chris.
The business now operates under the FFL of Chris (son inlaw). Does Steph really love Chris? Or is it a marriage to save daddy's business?

But I'll still watch it.
I wish American Guns would come back. The daughter is a lot better looking than Steph and the guns were not all military.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
American Guns would be nice.
You know they had their place broken into and guns stolen.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Let them do a cross over with the guys from Duck Dynasty.

Beards and guns

AFS

Reactions: RichO

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
American Guns would be nice.
That's the one I prefer; more custom smithing, the old fashioned way. Don't get me wrong, I like SoGs, too; they've got more machine guns. But, AG has more variety and more of an artisinal quality, which I enjoy.

Plus, if we're talking girls with guns...Steph is not bad, particularly since I don't think she has had any aftermarket modifications. But Paige is another matter entirely, modified or not. And her mom ain't bad either.... ;)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I'm glad Sons of Guns is coming back, but I too miss AG. I do have to fess up to watching Wild West Alaska
lately.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
American Guns is in deep doodoo. The IRS and, I believe, ATF raided the place and shut it down last I heard. I'm going on remembered hearsay, but apparently the IRS wants to get all up in his grill, and apparently he doesn't have a Class 3 license, yet the show had him gallivanting around in a helicopter, paying reams of cash on camera for guns, and dealing in NFA stuff. For those of you who don't live in Colorado, there have been complaints from people who've dropped their guns off to have repairs made that he had his "Gunsmoke" logo engraved on their guns without their permission. Another complaint I read: a woman wanted to buy a gun, so Rich took her money up front. The 4473 bounced and he refused to give her back her money. A lot of folks here who have dealt with Gunsmoke are not happy with them. OTOH, I've read a few posters who've said they've never had an issue there. If I lived closer I might have dropped in just to look around, but based on what I've read from locals, I wouldn't actually buy anything there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
son of guns was always a good show but It's funny how disconnected they are with the viewers.Their show would easily hold it's own without all the drama. I think it actually hurts their credibility from a customers perspective.

American gun's while it had some decent eye candy always came off as put on.The owner always came off as Norman Bates weird and didn't care for the lets blow stuff up because other shows do it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts