Taurus Firearm Forum banner

son with cc handgun defends his mother against an armed robbery

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  ICUKev 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Not in Alabama they won't.

Gotta be circumspect when contemplating such foolishness in Alabama. Out of every 4.5 adults eligible, there's one with a concealed carry permit, so it can be a very good way to get shot.

#17 ·
For the most part that is true, although one should be prepared for the possibility that some might want to stay around and fight it out. There's plenty of surveillance videos online of groups of people committing an assault on a business or a home invasion that when the bullets start flying in their direction they run out faster than they ran in. There's even allegedly a home invasion (unfortunitely not on video) of 13 criminals trying to commit a home invasion and the home owner shot at them with a 5 shot revolver, and they beat feet away from there. Although it happened to work out okay for the home owner that time, what if he would've needed extra rounds? I may never need the rounds my PT111 G2 holds, but they're there if needed.

#15 ·
Good for that young man....glad he had the gumption to pull the trigger.

North Alabama is pretty peaceful, very little crime- Except Birmingham, Huntsville and some of the other larger cities like Mobile and Montgomery, and the old farming region known as the "black belt". Alabama did pass a law a few years back that says the state will not prosecute anyone who uses a firearm to protect themselves if they feel threatened of if they see an unknown 3rd party threatened. The perp/family can file a civil suit, but they will have to prove their case.

#23 ·
I'm not going to believe that "good guy with gun" stuff! According to the media, politicians and all the common sense groups, this never happens??? ;) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.