Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
That's a gun that would simply be a wall hanger, other than that I wouldn't go looking for a new model to be even a range gun. Now if someone brings back the old "Grease Gun", I may be swayed for the right price.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a gun that would simply be a wall hanger, other than that I wouldn't go looking for a new model to be even a range gun. Now if someone brings back the old "Grease Gun", I may be swayed for the right price.

I would prefer the M3A1 version. That way it would cock the same way as my Eagle Gun Company carbine which uses the M3A1 bolt assembly.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I don't get it. Its a gun, but the manufacture recommends not firing it...:confused:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Hell yea, id shoot it once! They don't recommend you shooting as a way of covering their arse! Lol without a doubt it will self destruct eventually, but I wouldn't want to shoot magazine after magazine through it. Plus you could always handload a weak round or ten! Lol

Creek

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Considering those Liberators were designed to only be fired once, maybe twice (to kill/disable a Nazi soldier, then take his gun), I think it would be a "wallhanger" for me.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
"Though our reproduction is sold as a firearm and exceeds the mechanical strength of the original through the use of superior materials and vastly tighter chamber and headspace tolerances, WE STRONGLY ADVISE CUSTOMERS NOT TO FIRE THE PISTOL. During production in 1942, several examples were taken from the assembly line to test under repetitive fire. Reports indicated that after 50 rounds of service ball ammunition the testers felt the weapons were no longer safe to fire. They were simply never designed handle a steady diet of powerful .45 ACP. They were made to fire ten rounds. They are what they are."

$600 for 50 rounds....reminds me of 2013 ammo prices.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I don't get it. Its a gun, but the manufacture recommends not firing it...:confused:
The pistol was made to use once or twice then pitch in a river it was never ment to shoot thousands of rounds out of. Kind of like roughbaugh firearms now

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
"
Though our reproduction is sold as a firearm and exceeds the mechanical strength of the original through the use of superior materials and vastly tighter chamber and headspace tolerances, WE STRONGLY ADVISE CUSTOMERS NOT TO FIRE THE PISTOL. During production in 1942, several examples were taken from the assembly line to test under repetitive fire. Reports indicated that after 50 rounds of service ball ammunition the testers felt the weapons were no longer safe to fire. They were simply never designed handle a steady diet of powerful .45 ACP. They were made to fire ten rounds. They are what they are."

*I repeat - hehe
;)

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I don't care what it was designed for, I will not pay $600.00 for a "Safe Queen!"

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The original guns were also smooth bore that would require a federal tax stamp as a short barrel shotgun/aow. There have been different articles on them over the years. The design intent was to push it into the enemies body and pull the trigger. This also helped with noise. Articles and other sources over the years said the guns came with 1 to 5 rounds and very basic operation instructions. They were dropped or smuggled behind enemy lines. The gun control of the late 1930's had unarmed large groups of the population. These guns were a way to kill the enemy and take his weapon not as a fire fight type weapon. From a technical side adding a rifled barrel increases pressure on fabricated frame of questionable strength.

·
Registered
36,087 Posts
Now if someone brings back the old "Grease Gun", I may be swayed for the right price.
Have you checked out the local Jiffy Lube, the one up the street has several of those in stock, or at least they did last time I had my oil changed there.------:D

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Have you checked out the local Jiffy Lube, the one up the street has several of those in stock, or at least they did last time I had my oil changed there.------:D
I have one of those, but it doesn't get the range that I like. Under "rapid fire" I can get it to shoot about 5 fps max. At least it was less than a box of 9mm range ammo. Lol

Reactions: btleslie
1 - 20 of 33 Posts