Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Fairly nice review, but not too informative. Other than saying that it's nearly the same size as a P365, they mostly just keep repeating that they love the PT-111 G2.

I love it too, but if I had done this video, I would have pointed out:
1. The round-in-chamber indicator on top of the slide, that is easily felt in the dark.
2. The double-action (or second-strike) capability.
3. The easy way it breaks down (just like a Glock).
4. The 12 round magazine (ok, they did say that).
5. The bottom rail for attaching a light or laser.
6. The two internal safeties, and the external manual safety.

Some people like an external manual safety, and some do not. I like it because if I'm ever in a gunfight, and drawing my weapon with adrenaline pumping through my veins, I do NOT want to accidentally shoot myself. When I'm at the range, I practice raising my weapon from a low position, and clicking off the safety as I bring it up to the target. The safety on the PT-111 is great; light and crisp, but not too flimsy.

I have had to return one of my PT-111's to the factory for a trigger problem. But Taurus fixed it and returned it to me in two months, no charge.
IMHO, if the PT-111 G2 had a decocker, it would be perfect!

·
Administrator
18,302 Posts
I've thought the same thing, comparing my older Pre-G2 PT111, and could not find a good reason to bother with the Sig P365.

Late Production Pre-G2 PT111

Another Video saying the same thing, albeit a bit less humorously.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I have two of them, they are not the G2C however. I carried a black one as my EDC for 5 years. I received 2 of the G2C's from Taurus to re place the guns that I sent back to them. Because of the 1 year warranty I traded them for a M&P shield. The shied goes with my M&P compact. Both of the S&W's are the 2.0 version.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My G2 actually replaced my Sig P938 as pocket duty. Only time I had issues finishing a mag was Winchester USA Forged ammo.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
The Sig365 is probably a great gun, IDK. If I ever get a chance to shoot one I'm going to do it. Just my own personal preference, I would never want to carry ANY partially cocked handgun without a manual safety of some kind.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Sig365 is probably a great gun, IDK. If I ever get a chance to shoot one I'm going to do it. Just my own personal preference, I would never want to carry ANY partially cocked handgun without a manual safety of some kind.
Eventually you get over it with good reason if you have the right holster. For me it reminded me of a top heavy gun between HiPoint or XD. Once you added the mag it feels like the weight of rounds balanced it out. Trigger didn't do it for me but it shot(feels) better than the G2 does. The G2 for me has this weird resonance when it goes off like it's gonna hurt like a CPX-2 but stops just short of it. maybe it's the dual recoil spring design or something, not sure. End of the day I don't like striker Sigs.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
They turned me off throwing the Sig around.
That did show a little bias, you think? If I were at the rage when they did that, I'd-a run for the nearest bunker. Then, probably snuck out the side-door.

If one (or in this case, TWO) is going to do a "comparison report", it behooves the reviewer to at least try to show an impartial face at the beginning. Their brand of comedy was probably the intention however, because that fall from twelve feet up in the deer-stand and landing on the ground with hat, glasses, and gun in place was just so, sooo, soooooo . . . . (I can't say "over" here, can I?) under the top.

Flash

Between chokes and chuckles, I still found it compelling viewing. I just ain't gonna say compelled to . . . WHAT!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A lot of the guys on our church security teams carry either a PT111 G2 or the G2C because it is lower priced and we have to buy all of our own firearms and accoutrements (I carry a Glock 22 though I do qualify for the Glock Blue Gun Program since I am a licensed armed security officer in Texas - those are $369 each new in the box with three magazines to those who qualify). None of them have had a single issue with the pistols and go through mandatory range qualification and practice quarterly. They are quite proficient with them too. Very good recommendation for that line of pistols from Taurus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts