Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the AR-15 thread here, how awesome you guys' rifles looked...

...I HAD to get one of my own.

I just put a Rock River LAR-15 on layaway. 20-inch Stainless bull barrel, flat top upper, A2 buttstock. The price is more than I should spend...but damn you guys...YOU MADE ME WANT A BLACK RIFLE.

Oh wait, how is this a bad thing? I'm conflicted.

But, thanks again, Taurusarmed, for spending my money for me!

Feel free to put this in the right forum if it's needed, but I just HAD to alert you guys of what you made me do. All your awesome black rifles....made me and my Mini-14 feel inadequate. It's not my first experience with AR-15s, but this will be my first 100% mine. Plans are simple, really. Magpul foregrip, and a decent red dot sight. Plenty good platform for anything I decide to do in the future. I coulda gone and made my own...but I'm too lazy.

(BTW, just to clarify, I don't hate you guys. I just hate having to wait and pay off such a fun rifle.)

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
I don't even HAVE a Mini-14....WAAAAA WAAAAAA.

I didn't even know I was deprived until you mentioned it! :eek:

Reactions: YISC and MilProGuy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Its ok Czechbikr. You can buy one. Go out and spend your hard earned money you deserve it

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
personally I blame all those awesome looking guns everyone here has. I see your stuff, love it, then want one of my very own!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I love those black guns....so does Mikey.

197616_10150100283681863_271049551862_6845265_5912197_s.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't even HAVE a Mini-14....WAAAAA WAAAAAA.

I didn't even know I was deprived until you mentioned it! :eek:
Wait... a Mini- 14? I could have one of those too? She's gonna be pissed!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Once the bug bites you its hard to get rid of the poison

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm poisoned now....It was surprisingly easy to convince my girl I needed it. Just showing her what I pay per box of 6.8SPC and compare it to Surplus 5.56!

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I feel your pain. I got that bug a couple of years ago. I absolutely love this thing! You're going to have a ball with the new rifle!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
..and then guess what comes up next?

I need a Gun Safe..a bedroom size Gun Safe..maybe a living room size? Yeah..thats the ticket!

*looking at safe prices* GULP..ok..ok..at least a urinal size Gun Safe for now!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I saw the AR-15 thread here, how awesome you guys' rifles looked...

...I HAD to get one of my own.

I just put a Rock River LAR-15 on layaway. 20-inch Stainless bull barrel, flat top upper, A2 buttstock. The price is more than I should spend...but damn you guys...YOU MADE ME WANT A BLACK RIFLE.

Oh wait, how is this a bad thing? I'm conflicted.

But, thanks again, Taurusarmed, for spending my money for me!

Feel free to put this in the right forum if it's needed, but I just HAD to alert you guys of what you made me do. All your awesome black rifles....made me and my Mini-14 feel inadequate. It's not my first experience with AR-15s, but this will be my first 100% mine. Plans are simple, really. Magpul foregrip, and a decent red dot sight. Plenty good platform for anything I decide to do in the future. I coulda gone and made my own...but I'm too lazy.

(BTW, just to clarify, I don't hate you guys. I just hate having to wait and pay off such a fun rifle.)
How about a black helicopter to go with your black rifle?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I definatly burnt a big hole in pocket since I joined the forum, but its a good thing not bad. But hey what do you expect we appreciate the fine craftsmanship involved in quality firearms.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The illness is not as bad as one might think. Your next purchase doesn't have to be a complete rifle. Now you can buy uppers. The more you buy, the more money you are actually saving.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
What No Pics! Didn't Happen! DPMS-Sportical.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well of course no pics, it's on Layaway. Soon though. Soooon....my precioussssssss......

Ahem, anyways, I just got done drooling over the goodies I can get to hot-rod my black rifle....who knew Amazon carried so much AR15 stuff? I got a Red Dot with the flip-away 3x magnifier, extended bolt release, Magpul angled foregrip AND screw-on rail, extended charging handle, and a rail riser all lined up and ready to order.

Doctor, I think I have a problem...

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
well of course no pics, it's on layaway. Soon though. Soooon....my precioussssssss......

Ahem, anyways, i just got done drooling over the goodies i can get to hot-rod my black rifle....who knew amazon carried so much ar15 stuff? I got a red dot with the flip-away 3x magnifier, extended bolt release, magpul angled foregrip and screw-on rail, extended charging handle, and a rail riser all lined up and ready to order.

Doctor, i think i have a problem...
yeesssssssss! The preciousssss!! Lol!!

·
32,653 Posts
Got a Mini-14,two to be exact and 1 black rifle from Olympic Arms.

BUUUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! We'll get you and your wallet,too!

Would you believe........ :devil::bs:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The illness is not as bad as one might think. Your next purchase doesn't have to be a complete rifle. Now you can buy uppers. The more you buy, the more money you are actually saving.

Let's see now..."the more you buy, the more money you are actually saving".

Does your wife buy that story? :confused::rolleyes:

Reactions: BigSkiff

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
..and then guess what comes up next?

I need a Gun Safe..a bedroom size Gun Safe..maybe a living room size? Yeah..thats the ticket!

*looking at safe prices* GULP..ok..ok..at least a urinal size Gun Safe for now!
Go for the Port-a-Potty size safe! It's the schizniz!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't have a woman to argue with about gun purchases, but I think my Family might freak if I show up wearing "Camo" and sporting an fully automatic rifle that takes NATO rounds, altho I already have the level 111 body armor, the duty belt, an level 111 Molle pack.(They don't know about most of it...) I am waiting on my Police Duty Bag I ordered... man shipping was free thank god... I think after I pick up the Ruger I might either get the Springfield Micro 1911 or an AR-15 and trick it out... Although on an AR I'd be paying a while on that sucker... on the 1911 I might be able to get away with just one or 2 payments...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts