Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't notice this until I got home and started looking at the pictures I took of some of the 24/7 pistols.

Notice the "DS" designation at the end of the model #. It is also on the 24/7 Pro Titanium. Anyone know what the "DS" signifies?

Something else that caught my attention on the 24/7 OSS and the 24/7 Pro Titanium. They both have an indicator that shows if the gun is cocked or not. It is the little rectangle above the striker cover. It's painted orange and when cocked it is flush with the back of the pistol. When decocked it is recessed. I don't know if this is new or not, but it's new to me. ;D

·
Registered
55 Posts
DS = Decocker Safety

Push up past the safety ON position and it decocks the pistol to double action mode, hence the orange indicator.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
I see there going back to 3 dot sights I hope. I'm getting used to the Heinie eights but have a bad right eye and would like the option of 3 dot configuration I think you have more options and outside sites that would fit. Thats one nice looking carry gun!

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
Please open a post called convention pics with some you find usefull.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
I found it right after I posted my post asking for one LOL Wouldn't the people have a heart attack if old Ted was POTUS

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
45 Forever said:
I found it right after I posted my post asking for one LOL Wouldn't the people have a heart attack if old Ted was POTUS
He would cut down the shear volume of BS in Washington DC by at least 1/2. Uncle Ted tells it like it is. He don't sugar coat it.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Doc, did you get any pictures of the left side of that gun? I'd be interest to see the safety, particularly if there is an extra dot there that might indicate that you can push it upward.....

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
YEAH - every time he enters the room, instead of "Hail to the Chief", they play "Cat Scratch fever"......

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
texastaurusguy said:
Doc, did you get any pictures of the left side of that gun? I'd be interest to see the safety, particularly if there is an extra dot there that might indicate that you can push it upward.....
Unfortunately, no I did not. Yeah, I know, I suck. I have already docked myself one day's pay.

IIRC, it does no have a dot above the safety dot.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
It's okay doc, you're not young as springtime anymore...... ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
Same safety as the 24/7 OSS. No extra dot to indicate decock position, just push up against spring pressure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
I assume that would also mean that the since you can decock the new 24/7 you should be able to engage the safety lock with a chambered round. Man, I wish that I had thought of this stuff while I was at the booth.
At the risk of giving the legal department at Taurus fits, I just tried locking the T.S.S. lock on my OSS with a snap cap in the chamber and the striker decocked, and it does work. On the OSS, however, you have to have the thumb safety off, as the ambi safety blocks the lock from camming out all the way.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
blr358 said:
At the risk of giving the legal department at Taurus fits, I just tried locking the T.S.S. lock on my OSS with a snap cap in the chamber and the striker decocked, and it does work. On the OSS, however, you have to have the thumb safety off, as the ambi safety blocks the lock from camming out all the way.
Nice. Thanks blr358. The safety being on or off doesn't bother me at all as long as the lock can be engaged.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts