Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Many times when we post. We are responding to post maybe somtimes four or five postback and other people have posted in between. Then it appears that we are challenging the other post with our opinion. When in reality we our just adding our expirence or our advice. As we don't know the tone or way a person is saying things. It can get people in a disagreement when none is intended. I think if we use the smily faces more it would end a alot of confusion as it adds meaning and word inflection. :) I try to use them when I can but have been guilty of being in a hurry and posting somthing fast that might have totaly insulted someone else. with no intention what soever I brought this up as a new topic in hopes it would reach more people :) :D have a great day :)

Administrator
Re: somthing I've noticed overtime

You are exactly right 45 Forever! :thumb:

Registered
Re: somthing I've noticed overtime

While I wholeheartedly agree, emoticons are a mixed bag. They are very helpful at conveying the tone of your message. At the same time, they can be overdone and can make an otherwise excellent post seem "cutesy." Having said that, I feel they have more pluses than minuses. :thumb:

Registered
Emoticons are useful in that manner 45, but the simplest way to respond to a specific post would be to quote that person. That way there's no confusion.

Registered
I only have one emotion: Grouchy of course.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #9
Then maybe you could help me NYPD I have not figured out how to quote just part of a persons post it wants to do the whole post i've tried highlighing just part but it still takes the whole thing .

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
I've also noticed that we all come from all walks of life and training and not all are training will be consistant with others like LEO,soldier,civlian although the differnet training will get you to the same end, the means are distinctly different. and should not be taken offence :)

Registered
45 Forever said:
Then maybe you could help me NYPD I have not figured out how to quote just part of a persons post
Just quote the whole post and delete the parts you do not want seen. Just as I did with yours above---delete the unnecessary words but make sure to leave the [/quote] at the end.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks big time I've tried everything:)

Registered
When you hit the reply button it should give you a screen to post in. Below that should be the previous posts on the subject. Select by highlighting either before you select the reply button or from the previous posts below, the paste that selection into the window you are typing your new post into. Highlight the quoted part and then select from above the window (where there are a number of buttons) the quote button and your selection will be bracketed so that you can type some additional text and even add additional quotes.

I point this out not to be smart but so that you can use this to do several quotes and comment on them separately and also so that you can use the same technique on other forums.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #14
When you hit the reply button it should give you a screen to post in.thanks Grouchy I'm lerning a few new tricks as I do go to a few other forums :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts