Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range this afternoon (Philippines; GMT +8) and have already fired 70 rounds when my 9mm PT24/7 jammed...slide racked a fifth of the way. :eek: Upon close inspection, I found out that a shell was stuck on that flat internal part of the slide where the firing pin comes out. The slide won't budge even after some forceful slaps and pulls done by the range officer. :eek:

Much later in the afternoon, I had to bring it back to the Taurus dealer (I bought if from) for a quick check. The gun store personnel was able to remove the spent shell but still couldn't rack the slide all the way back. It's simply stuck ??? To make the long story short, I had to leave the gun at the store where their senior gun smith will have it checked after the weekend. :'(

The gun is only 3 months old and has had more than 800 rounds through it already. :(

What could have gone wrong? ???

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
It seems that the 24/7 and the Millennium both use a captured firing pin spring and if the end of the capture device breaks it can screw up the function of the firing pin and the slide.

The good news is the lifetime warrenty and it seems that most worked on come back in better shape than sent. The bad news is the six weeks you are without your gun.

Read the thread on breaking down your slide in the gunsmithing section. The spring is only a dollar, but shipping is $5 and getting the parts can take forever.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cimarron said:
The bad news is the six weeks you are without your gun.
The spring is only a dollar, but shipping is $5 and getting the parts can take forever.
I live in the Philippines sir, but thanks for the heads up. The Taurus dealer here said that I can get the gun back in one week.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
If I would have known that, I would have sent mine to you to send to Taurus and still would have gotten it back quicker. :eek:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got an SMS this morning from the local dealer of Taurus guns. Was advised that My 9mm 24/7 Pro is now ready for pick-up. No details yet as to what went wrong with it. I will post an update later...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts