Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting at my local indoor range/LGS today I overheard the owner on the phone quoting a Taurus price to the caller, and being very encouraging about the gun. I waited around until he was finished and struck up a conversation. Turns out he really thinks Taurus guns are good quality and a great value. He sells the G2C for $249, and he told the phone shopper he sold his last one on Saturday. He will have more tomorrow. He had a black Spectrum on display for $259.99, and said his customers have been very happy with them. He has had no negative feedback.

During the conversation he compared Taurus to some other inexpensive (cheap) brands and said, "Why wouldn't you buy the better gun?" (i.e. Taurus) He also compared them to some more "prestigious" models and said, "Why would you spend the extra money?"

He wasn't just pushing Taurus though. He also suggested a Smith M&P Shield .380 EZ for my wife.

Thought I'd pass this along since many of the negative opinions seem to come from LGS.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My LGS is selling the G2C for $249.99, and that includes the FFL fee for the NICS check. I was there On Friday and they told me that they were selling the guns,as,fast as they came in. They have a waiting list due to back orders. They have two for rent at their range and they say those are rented more than any other gun in the rental inventory. Of course they mention that much of that is because the gun has now proven reliable and good quality so people are attracted because of the price. They expect the fervor to dies down over the next six months.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
After shooting at my local indoor range/LGS today I overheard the owner on the phone quoting a Taurus price to the caller, and being very encouraging about the gun. I waited around until he was finished and struck up a conversation. Turns out he really thinks Taurus guns are good quality and a great value. He sells the G2C for $249, and he told the phone shopper he sold his last one on Saturday. He will have more tomorrow. He had a black Spectrum on display for $259.99, and said his customers have been very happy with them. He has had no negative feedback.

During the conversation he compared Taurus to some other inexpensive (cheap) brands and said, "Why wouldn't you buy the better gun?" (i.e. Taurus) He also compared them to some more "prestigious" models and said, "Why would you spend the extra money?"

He wasn't just pushing Taurus though. He also suggested a Smith M&P Shield .380 EZ for my wife.

Thought I'd pass this along since many of the negative opinions seem to come from LGS.
Was this over at Off Duty? One of their smiths carries a PT1911 on his hip.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My LGS is selling the G2C for $249.99, and that includes the FFL fee for the NICS check. I was there On Friday and they told me that they were selling the guns,as,fast as they came in. They have a waiting list due to back orders. They have two for rent at their range and they say those are rented more than any other gun in the rental inventory. Of course they mention that much of that is because the gun has now proven reliable and good quality so people are attracted because of the price. They expect the fervor to dies down over the next six months.
We got two G2Cs nowwith over 600 rounds each,No FTFs or FTEs,nothing shaking loose or breaking,not that it could not happen but Taurus got a real winner here with dependable CC ! Congrats to you !

·
Registered
18,376 Posts

Sounds like a smart fella and business man.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was this over at Off Duty? One of their smiths carries a PT1911 on his hip.
That's the place. It’s now named JM Tactical. The new owner's name is Jonathan. He managed it for 2.5 years for Jim before buying. Jim still teaches LTC classes there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts