Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may already know this, but I just discovered it the other day. I purchased a DeSantis mini slide holster from ebay (I know they are anti gun, but they had what I needed. However, if I knew then what I know now and describe below, I would have gone elsewhere) and when I got it, the packaging said it was for a SIG 245. I thought that the seller had put the holster in the wrong bag but saw that the molding of the holster looked like my SIG 239. I tried my 239 and it fit. I though great, I got screwed on ebay. I then tried my PT145 and it fit fine, but not quite as well as my 239. After a little research, I found that this is the correct holster for the PT145. I guess it is cheaper for a manufaturer to use a holster they already make to fit another weapon than to create a new one. I then tried the PT145 on a Safariland holster I have for my 239 and it fit also. In fact, my G23 fit it too and also fit the DeSantis and a Don Hume I have for the PT145 which does not fit the Taurus near as well (sights and light rail catch on it). The same is not true with my Fobus holsters, just the leather ones which are more forgiving. So if you have a SIG holster, it may well fit your PT-145. These findings may also be true for other Millennium pistols too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Inspired by your suggestion, I went to the gun shop and tried a Galco inside the waist band holster with snap retention (Galco model WB296 for the Sig 239). However, it was much too narrow to fit my PT145, mainly because of the PT145's bulky trigger guard. Through trial and error, I found that the Galco model WB298 (designed for the Glock 29/30 and the SA XD 9/40 SubCompact) fit really well. I also have an XD-9 SC so I bought it for $27. It is suede leather IWB with a well designed polymer J-clip for the belt. The retaining strap is a little lax when snapped down, but workable. The holster length was a tad too long so I trimmed the open muzzle end of the holster 15mm. It also fits my PT111 just as well.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Thanks for that. My Fobus paddle holsters do not interchange with my P239
and my PT145. But, I believe the Fobus for my PT145 will also take my XD40.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Great info, guys

Haven't been able to find a Bianchi 7shadow2 for my PT 145. Everybody's backordered. I know that Galco WB298 is easily available.

Thanks, smit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts