Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a new mold was added and I have about 50 of these .452 200gr SWC cast up and tumble lubed so now I am going to have to try and load a few and then see if they are going to chamber correctly in my Witness and XD Mod 2. The Witness is very finicky with reloads and I haven't tried any cast in it as of yet.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
107 Posts
45's are normally pretty picky about exact overall cartridge length . Look in the Lyman book and find a 200 grain similar to you bullet and try that OAL first. BTW my 45's like 5.7/231/200 CSW's

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
How did I miss this earlier? What was the result? I did an order of 500 plated SWC in .452 185 grain a while back and my PT 1911 loved them. Not sure why I only did the one order...maybe because they looked funny?? :D They certainly drilled a nice clean hole in the targets.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I can see the humor to this. I have 10 loaded and sitting on the bench the rest have been waiting to get sized before I load them. The humor, this topic has been sitting idle for 6-7 weeks and the day that my new Lee Bullet sizing die shows up I get not one but three responses. Is that Karma or what?

Hope to get up and size the rest of these bullets and then re-lube them and then load them up. Looking forward to actually firing these.

Cz, I bought up a box of .452" 185gr Berry's FP when Bullet Warehouse closed. I loaded them up with AA#2 and my Witness loves them. After I get these loaded we will have to get together and shoot some. I know you were not impressed with the lead 230gr you bought.

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
I had a AMT Hardballer that fed 'em just fine, wouldn't feed about anything else, but ball, though. I had to seat 'em out almost to the rifling to get enough OAL on 'em, but that AMT was junk. My Ruger KP90 has no such problems, feeds 'em fine. It's an accurate bullet in the Ruger and also in my Pietta '58 Remington revolver with Howell .45ACP conversion. It's my fave .45ACP bullet, so I got a 6 cavity mold for it eventually. :D

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Ya know, I don't think I've tried that bullet in the PT145. Hmm, have to put that on my "to do" list. :D That PT145 is pretty picky, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts