Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I don't "remember" them but was in the Army in the mid eighties, and one day I and a few others were assigned to clean out an office that had a bunch of old printed stuff like that in it. We were supposed to just pitch it, but were told if we wanted to keep any of it for ourselves we could. Among the cartoons was that one you have a photo of, how to field strip the M16. We never saw or read anything like that in basic (1984) but then it wouldn't have been politically correct then anyway, since there were a lot of female recruits.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
That's real interesting. If someone hollers "that's not 'politically correct'" tell that cultural Marxist to pound sand.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Don't remember those specifically but definitely remember the "style" of those instruction manuals:). Basic Combat Training, Oct-Dec 1970, Ft Polk, LA. It was a different world back then;).
Flex

·
22,963 Posts
The woman in that first one looks positively psychotic.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
My mother in law was a professional technical writer. She wrote and re-wrote some of these. The first time it was a 5th grade level, the second time at 3rd grade level. It was kind of funny that a 50 year old schoolmarm was writing this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts