Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20180417_194041.jpg

I picked this one up a month or so ago. She was born in 2009. I swear this thing didn't have more than a mag shot through her at the most. This one has the de-cocker. I paid $230.00 out the door. Came with the original box and paperwork with one 17 and one 13 rd mag.
This is one of my favorites!

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
View attachment 408473

I picked this one up a month or so ago. She was born in 2009. I swear this thing didn't have more than a mag shot through her at the most. This one has the de-cocker. I paid $230.00 out the door. Came with the original box and paperwork with one 17 and one 13 rd mag.
This is one of my favorites!
you are aware that that is one of the weapons on the safety recall/inspection list?

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Looks pretty nice OP, but Olfarhors is right. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
I guess I am the only person in the country that is still interested and buying the older Taurus semi autos. The recall was voluntary. I've owned at least a half a dozen of these guns. So far, I never met a Taurus I didn't like. And right now, they are all in the bargain bin.
I have a couple of the "Wicked Bad Evil Piece of Trash Not-Recalled but Forewarned of Issues Taurus". And they are not going anywhere at to being sent back for replacements. It is said that the issue with the G1 models is with the "safety" of the pistol. I say it has more with the safety displayed by the owner.

To the original poster, I think you got yourself a pretty fair deal. I would have jumped on that most likely myself.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've got a lot of love for the 24/7. Both mine are in .40. I'm not sending them back. Both have worked flawlessly for years. When the day comes that I need replacement parts, I'll junk them knowing that I've got my money's worth out of them. Since I don't shoot them a whole lot that'll hopefully be quite a few years down the road.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
I guess I am the only person in the country that is still interested and buying the older Taurus semi autos. The recall was voluntary. I've owned at least a half a dozen of these guns. So far, I never met a Taurus I didn't like. And right now, they are all in the bargain bin.
each person needs to make that decision for themselves.
I was simply notifying you in case you were not aware.
Voluntary or not the pistols (some ) and apparently no one can exactly which ones have been deemed unsafe.
in any case factory support for these no longer exist, so all components will gradually disappear.
Taurus has set the value at top money of 200 bucks.
I have two 24/7 C D/S , one in 45 and one in 9 MM. still haven't decided what to do with them, they are useless around here for resale or trade as value is almost non existent.
plus I would not like to sale to someone not familiar with the recall.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've bought the last few from my favorite pawnshop. The owner knows that I'm one of the only people that will buy them from him. I'm sure he is picking them up dirt cheap. I've paid from $150 to $230 for them and been able to get my money back and maybe a little more when i've sold them. Right now I have two, the 24/7 9mm and the PT145. I'm very happy with both of them. Did I need either one of them.... no, but I think they were a good deal and I won't lose money when I go to sell them.
Taurus isn't the only gun manufacturer to ever have a recall. The sad thing is they have been demonized. People think they are like the "ring of fire" guns or something. Honestly, I am surprised and glad that they have survived all the negative publicity.

·
Administrator
18,296 Posts
Congratulations on your new-to-you 9mm Gen 1 24/7 C and may it serve you well! :smile:

There are many of us around this forum that still like their Gen 1 24/7's and think the Lawsuit Business was poorly handled by the Taurus Lawyers.
Myself included on that one! Now that said, while I still love my original 24/7's and PT111 and they contine to serve, I have moved on to other Striker Fired Handguns.
Most notably, my Canik TP9V1.

Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45 w/Hogue Slip On Grip

Taurus 9mm 24/7 Pro and PT-111

Reactions: Dagwood

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Some love for the PT24/7 9mm Pro I have the full size also on "RECALL" as my Pt 132, Pt 111,Pt 140 Pt 145

1 - 13 of 13 Posts