Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LGS is already starting the hate. I habe personally heard several customers come in and ask about the availability, arrival, information in general about the Taurus Curve. Some guy said it's actually supposed to be called the "Taurus 180 Curve". I can't confirm or deny this, but it's the first I've heard of it. But several salesmen are already trying to talk customers out of it.

"Oh, it's just a 380, that not a big enough gun to carry"
"Oh, it's only going to be for right handed people"
"Oh, no one needs both a light AND a laser"
"No one even makes holsters for it, so you won't be able to carry it even when it does come out"
"Curved magazines can't properly function. You don't want a curved magazine, do you?" (false- the mags are straight)
"Plastic guns are junk" (this one comes from the Glock evangelist)

It's not even OUT yet, and people are interested, but some of these guys are already trying to kill it. That ticks me off.

Registered
Sounds like someone is in the wrong business - said the son of a car dealer.

It's one of the most innovative products in the carry gun market / Judge, View now Curve show that Taurus plans to maintain a position as an innovative leader in the firearms industry - can't wait to see what is next. Remember when the Miata was released - when people would buy it at MSRP then flip it for a profit...

Well - you might be a little young to remember the Miata but, believe me - this gun is a mark in the history book - if you want I'll put you on the list for when they get actually here. Now - that will still be on a first-come-first-served basis BUT if you want to leave a deposit I'll guarantee you a 48 hour hold on the first ones shipped...

I could sell the hell out of that gun!!! ;)

Registered
My LGS is already starting the hate. I habe personally heard several customers come in and ask about the availability, arrival, information in general about the Taurus Curve. Some guy said it's actually supposed to be called the "Taurus 180 Curve". I can't confirm or deny this, but it's the first I've heard of it. But several salesmen are already trying to talk customers out of it.

"Oh, it's just a 380, that not a big enough gun to carry"
"Oh, it's only going to be for right handed people"
"Oh, no one needs both a light AND a laser"
"No one even makes holsters for it, so you won't be able to carry it even when it does come out"
"Curved magazines can't properly function. You don't want a curved magazine, do you?" (false- the mags are straight)
"Plastic guns are junk" (this one comes from the Glock evangelist)

It's not even OUT yet, and people are interested, but some of these guys are already trying to kill it. That ticks me off.
Umm....isn't the whole idea of the contour design and clip, so it can carried without a holster?

Registered
Some LGS will just hate a Taurus to hate a Taurus

Banned
I am sure you stepped up and set them right on this?:thumb:

Registered
I guess I am lucky. Not that I am interested in a .380 but my LGS is looking forward to them. If the customers want it, he is all for it. He has no problems with an attitude about Taurus (Because myself and others are very pleased with the Taurus models we have) . If it helps people feel more comfortable with buying, owning, shooting, and competently carrying, he is all for it.

Maybe there is something in the water around here.

Reactions: mingaa

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I tried, but they usually pull rank with something like "Hey I'm the one who works in a gun store"...

Just like when i got the adjust. sight installed on my pt92. I asked if they did much work on them, and they responded with "we don't get much call for custom work on Tauruses". So I explained that there was a part underneath the rear sight they should watch out for to not lose it, because its under tension, you know... just to warn them in case they didn't know. The last thing I wanted to hear was "Well, we got the sight off, and the darndest thing happened..."

So he proceeds to tell me how long he's been working on guns, and not to try to tell him his job.

This was after he told me he didn't have much experience with Tauruses. Sigh.

Registered
Well I tried, but they usually pull rank with something like "Hey I'm the one who works in a gun store"...

Just like when i got the adjust. sight installed on my pt92. I asked if they did much work on them, and they responded with "we don't get much call for custom work on Tauruses". So I explained that there was a part underneath the rear sight they should watch out for to not lose it, because its under tension, you know... just to warn them in case they didn't know. The last thing I wanted to hear was "Well, we got the sight off, and the darndest thing happened..."

So he proceeds to tell me how long he's been working on guns, and not to try to tell him his job.

Sounds like you need a new gun store and gunsmith.

Registered
I will probably never own a 380 and my sales pitch was (possibly) humorous but it was not insincere! There is plenty in the gun to prove Taurus as a very viable brand AND to hold the interest of a broad base of consumers.

The he gun may not be right for me but I can see MANY that could work very well for!!

i remember when the Judge was called a gimmick - the Miata too!! ;)

I don't have either but that does not mean that I do not recognize their value!!

Reactions: TexasAviator

Registered
Curved magazines don't work? Yeah right, I've seen plenty of curved magazines on all sorts of military rifles. Even then as others have said the magazines look straight from the photos I've seen.

And be it's supposed to be holster less.

I wouldn't buy firearms from those guys.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About the Judge, one of the salesmen here locally tried to tell me that Taurus copied the S&W Governor.

What can I say, they are literally the only gun store here.

Registered
About the Judge, one of the salesmen here locally tried to tell me that Taurus copied the S&W Governor.

What is sad is i heard the same story here, the dealer actually said that S&W
Patented it BUT sold the rights to taurus like how berretta did with the 92.

He also said and I quote "the only gun id buy from them is the raging bull which is ALSO a S&W knockoff..."

Grrrrrr

Reactions: mingaa

Registered
All too many "salesmen" in gun shops are only interested in selling what they have on the shelves. If they don't have it, or they think that you may buy a particular gun even though they don't have it, you'd be surprised by what you hear. They are only interested in moving product. If they can do that with a little creative salesmanship, so be it.

What's worse, these people will tell you how much they know. I've always found it funny that people who sell multiple items, like guns, knives, and cars, are supposed to be experts on all of them. That's like a salesman who has spent years selling trucks in the rural areas suddenly possessing the knowledge to sell the Ferrari. He may possess the required knowledge to complete the paperwork, but he's going to be woefully short on actual product knowledge from a standpoint of hands on experience in the marque.

I remember the Miata. I also remember the 1969 COPO 427 Camaros, or the 200 1965 Chevelle SS 396 cars that Chevy put out as a "sample run". Almost bought one in 1965 at the old Lustine Chevrolet in Hyattsville, Md. Marina Blue with black interior. Both of those cars sold for a pittance compared to what people were willing to pay for them. It wasn't unheard of for Dealers to "auction" them quietly.

Registered
Umm....isn't the whole idea of the contour design and clip, so it can carried without a holster?
That's what I thought also? Maybe we shouldn't read and see the truth but rather listen to the uninformed? :eek:

Registered
Well, if my LGS was spouting junk like that I'd be going elsewhere.

Super Moderator
One gun store in Miami that carries primers (only reason I go there) always stated they would never carry a Taurus or take one on trade. If it wasn't the only place I could find that carries primers I would never go in there again. When gun sales blew up and prices were high and shelves empty, they started carrying some Taurus guns. Was the only thing they could get to stock the cases. When I saw it I just laughted and reminded them of their comment. Boy did I get a nasty look.

For the life of me I can not figure out why a gun store would bad mouth a gun and turn off a customer. Customers is what keeps them in business. I have always had the thought, if I don't have it I will try and get it for you.

Reactions: aquajim

Registered

That sort of attitude does not warrant a repeat customer.

Registered

Sounds like they need a competing store around to knock their arrogance/ignorance down a couple notches.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts