Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,097 Posts
Wow...talk about having an angel on one's shoulder, living in the palm of God's hand.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Astonishing!

·
Super Moderator
13,830 Posts
He survived the plane breakup, then the chute worked on its own as advertised. Then he lands within sight of working ranch hands, one of whom has a helicopter. Unbelievable. Another example of truth being stranger than fiction.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
He had an Angel on his shoulder... Excellent bit of history..

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Absolutely amazing. I'm guessing that with all our members, we're bound to have someone who was somehow involved with the design/test/build/fly of the SR-71. The forum is open...

·
Super Moderator
36,097 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
There's a book about Skunkworks that talks about the engineers that designed the U2, SR71 and Stealth Fighter. Incredibly smart guys...and hard working.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I had never heard this story before. Dang, that guy was beyond extremely lucky.

To have someone come up to you when you land and ask, "Are you alright?" before you even have your parachute folded is extremely lucky, then add a helicopter ride to an area hospital, what are the odds of that happening again?

Speaking of the SR71, I heard a rumor that the people chosen to pilot the SR71 were selected from various Air Force flight training schools for the ability to remain calm under pressure, and how they did not jerk their aircraft around, but eased the craft through maneuvers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts