Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Glock owners consider Taurus inferior. I never owned a Glock due to their price and had always bought Taurus because they represent a good value. As i was reading in the Glock forums, many Glock owners consider Taurus to be an inferior grade weapon. I shot over 500 rounds with my Taurus 24/7 without a hick up. Not 1. So what is your take on Taurus being an inferior grade weapon.....

·
Administrator
35,700 Posts
My Taurus PT1911 is so inferior that I've got 3,000 rounds through it and had not one issue. Not one. Same thing with my PT145. I wish all guns were that inferior.

Glock psychos think ALL guns are inferior to theirs, not just Taurus.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
It's not, plain and simple. Maybe before my shooting days they may have had some issues but no more. Most of my new purchases are Taurus. They fit me.good, have been 100% reliable and are priced in my range. I did however buy a Glock recently but that is because they offered a caliber Taurus doesn't, 10mm. While it may be a very reliable gun, it is blocky, almost Hi-Point like, it's heavy, and in my personal opinion, isn't as ergonomic as a Taurus. You will never hear about failures with a Glock or Kimber because who wants to say that their $700-$800 pistol failed them?

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Different strokes and all that. My money, my choice, my life, my gun. I have nothing against Glock. Don't particularly like the trigger safety, and it's not ergonomically pleasing to me, but that's just me. Most folks who think Taurus is inferior have never shot a Taurus or owned a Taurus and are parroting hearsay. Most problems with almost any NIB gun is that the buyer does not read the directions, does not thoroughly clean and inspect the gun and when it doesn't work as expected, blames the gun or the manufacturer. I have a couple of Tauri and have had no problems with either. One of them is my preferred carry piece - 145MilPro. I've been shooting a long time, and have been carrying legally since Ohio became a shall issue state. I would not stake my life nor the lives of my family on an inferior gun. So, don't sweat the small stuff or the small people.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I'm obviously a masochist and really hate Taurus. I have another on the way to add to the covey I hate them so much. LOL

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
My PT-99 likes to out shoot those Glocks all the time. I let my target do the talking. Most of then have probably never shot a Taurus or even held one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Howdy
i will admit to passing by taurus years ago. They didnt have the greatest opinions on them. But i also thought the kia's garbage
and hyundas [spallin is off i'm sure]. Anyways, point is, these companys have turned their products around and now are well worth looking at.
I have 4 taurus pistols and feel they are a nice choice. I have 2 glocks, 1- 10mm and 1- 40s&w in which i feel are fine guns. I really like shooting
the raging bull 44 mag, i have the ruger 44 sbh with the 10.5 inch barrel. Between these two i honestly have no real hardcore choice. Both
fine shooters....if it feels good then flame on!!!!!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
To each his own; they're entitled to their own opinions... even if they're formulated without having ever owned any of the firearms they're comparing to Glocks.

Even if Glocks were less expensive than any other firearm on the market, they wouldn't make my Top 5 most desirable handguns.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like Glocks but they fit my hand terrible. Buddy owns a S&W and Glock. Guess what his next purchase will be?

Yup, a Taurus. Glocks are nice but they aren't the ultimate gun. Just like Ford guys say Chevy is total crap but both agree Dodge sucks, and vice-versa. Can't please everyone.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I own a H&K USP 40 so I could say that compared to it, Glocks are inferior, but I don't. It would be pointless because it's just one mans opinion.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My neighbor has a glock 23 and ruger p 95. And my pt99 puts more holes in the center of the paper than either of them. (With him shooting it) he has offered to trade the 95 for my 99 twice. I will keep my 99!!! He asks to shoot it every time we get together. So much for inferior huh?

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
822 Posts
I say buy what you like.

Cover your ears and eyes ladies. Hey guys.... doesn't it always come down to measuring certain parts of our anatomy to see who has the biggest _______ ?

Seriously though. The need to look good and/or be right is one of the most powerful addictions in life. Just think of what you are willing to do preserve it. If you spend a LOT of money on a gun, don't you think you have the right to say it is the BEST? How much would you pay for a framing hammer? Is a $1,000 hammer better than a $100 hammer?

By the way, do you think that someone telling me that my SW40VE Sigma is a POS will keep me from owning and shooting it?

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Stand in front of any of my Tauruses and tell me they suck, don't think that is
gonna happen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have owned Glocks and Taurus', I still do, but I have never had to send a Glock in for having issues. I bet if you talk to Glock owners there are very few that have. However if you look on this site there are plenty of people that have had to send guns in for work. I do like the TCP that I have and my G19 too. But my last Taurus, Tracker 22, I had to send it back 3 time before they could get the cyl timed right. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
A friend of mine is the firearms training officer for his department, we were talking guns recently and I told him what I bought..the PT809, I said I had looked at the XD and some others and based on fit and price I chose the Taurus. I though he would have negative things to say as he carries Sig and Glock for duty....he said the Taurus are great and that I was wise to get it over the XD.

He felt the Taurus are underrated compared to most other guns. He commented on the fact that they are serial numbered in 3 places which shows an attention to detail and fit of parts.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I wouldn't own a Glock even if I won one. I think they are a terrible choice for EDC and they are just butt ugly IMO. Any handgun can be accurate in properly trained hands and the Glock is no more accurate than any other comparable autoloader. There are alway the Glock cliques at any gun gathering and that always rubbed me the wrong way. I've never been impressed by grossly overpriced anything.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I own both and carry my Taurus daily.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I have no doubt that Glocks are good guns, I've shot a few, but let's not forget that Glock is kind of a one trick pony. Are there Glock revolvers? Glock 1911's? Glock DA/SA's? Not that I'm aware of. Glock never made firearms before the 1980's, and their founder (a true genius) had no experience with firearms before then, and THAT'S probably why I really don't like them. Glock makes guns the way other companies make refrigerators. They work great, but they seem more like an appliance than something that's really appealing to me as a shooter. And they only do it one way. And they only look one way. And they only feel one way.

True, Taurus makes some knock offs of other guns - like the Beretta - but some famous gun companies make knock offs of Taurus guns. The S&W Governor, for example.

Taurus makes a much wider variety of things, and does them at a lower price point, so I don't doubt that there may be a higher incidence of initial problems than with Glock. I just assume with a new Taurus that there's an initial break-in and/or shakedown period that Glock doesn't have (probably 100 to 400 rounds or so). After that period, My Taurus guns run as smooth as any of my other guns. If a person isn't prepared for that initial trial period, they may get disappointed. My brother told me yesterday that a guy at his CCW class had problem with his Taurus revolver on his second shot. It was a brand new gun. IN all truth, I'd put a few hundred rounds through a Taurus before thinking about qualifying with it.

But I DID put a few hundred rounds through my brand new S&W 9mm before my CCW class, and it STILL failed on me during qualifying. Any gun can fail.

My only problem with Taurus is that they'll do some things that I can't figure out - like discontinue the PT 145 (???)

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Expecting a Glock fanboy to say anything positive about another brand is like expecting to find a Yankees fan who thinks the Red Sox are ok.If they need to feel superior to justify their purchase then who cares.If it works for ya then shut up and shoot it.Give the koolaid to a thirsty kid.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts