Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
If anyone knocks on your door remind them they need a warrant to come in. The governor's word isn't enough.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
60 Posts
If past celebrations are any indication, in my area Covid spiked up significantly after Easter, only slightly after Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor day. Outdoor weather could've been a factor, plus the last 3 holidays aren't traditionally family events for some people like Easter and Thanksgiving is.
Maybe it's the fact those are big drinking holidays? I know when I head to my in-laws I'll be imbibing. Just to stay safe from the cooties you know...no other reason. I think something in at least an 80 proof should work. Remember alcohol is a disinfectant.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
After a lot of consideration my wife and I have decided to go solo this year. She is a caregiver for her Mother who is on the top end of the risk scale with COPD, etc. I have been fighting a cough for almost three weeks so I would not be popular in a larger crowd. My BIL's significant other believes she was exposed and is waiting for her test results. My wife has a very large family which includes five college students (nieces and nephews) one of which has already been sick with Covid. The extended family includes several people who are more focused on meeting their "needs" and not at all concerned with our health and well being.

Our Daughter and grandchildren arrive on Dec. 21 for two weeks and needing to cancel that visit because we are sick might put us over the edge. The wife cried as expected but in the end agreed it was the right thing for us this year.
Look at it this way. It's one Thanksgiving celebration, and if your mother can avoid getting covid this year there's always the possibility of next year.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
For this year, it will be one sibling, 3 nieces, 1 nephew, my dad, and me.

My other two siblings will be on Facebook complaining they were not invited. They are, but they prefer to make me the bad guy.

So, in other words, this will be Thanksgiving as usual. :ROFLMAO:

Maloy

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Have a happy Thanksgiving if you are with family i hope no one gets sick and you are able to have a great fun filled time. We are going to my bros house to spend time with them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
We chose to stay home this year. Both of us have been sick for about 3 weeks and haven't gone anywhere we could avoid. Some of the family is getting together, but Mom is 90, my BIL isn't in great health, and I have a 3 year-old great-nephew I'd sooner not infect. We'll see what happens at Christmas - including new decrees from Dark Lord Thomas, Lord and Master of Penn's Woods

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Our 18 month old granddaughter is at our feet, playing with the plastic tub grandma drug out. It was full of odd ball toys.

We went to our daughter's for lunch, and came home with a hitchhiker.

·
Registered
625 Posts
We'll have a group of about a dozen for Thanksgiving. All family. If I can work five or six days a week exposed to hundreds of people (many of whom do not wear masks or do not wear them properly if they do), then I can spend an afternoon with family with minimal risk. Turkey, brisket, pecan pie, and any number of side dishes will be on the menu. I do the brisket and pecan pie. Other family members supply the rest. After lunch we usually settle in and watch the Cowboys game together. Not sure if that will happen this year, though.
Well, we turned out to be only 7. The wife and I, our son, her parents, and my dad and step mom were present. We are all in close contact on a regular basis anyway. The oldest is nearly 91; the youngest 17. Several we expected to stop by for at least awhile didn't. Ham, corn pudding, homemade cranberry sauce, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes were added on top of what I mentioned earlier. Everyone left with a big basket of leftovers. We did watch the first half of the Cowboys game, but no one could stomach much more than that. Evidently it became a runaway in the second half - I just looked at the final score. Not pretty.

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
I did go to our annual Thanksgiving meal at our daughters place in the country.
Attending by my wife and I, our daughter's in-laws, her husband two sons and two daughters for a total of 10. Both of the other in-laws, aged 77 and 76 have recovered from the virus and one grandson has recovered also. Out of 10 people, three have had it. Grandson, age 22 didn't suffer much, has a good recovery. The in-laws, now in their fourth week of recovery have lingering after effects, and weren't quite their chipper selves.

Luckily, our daughter has a big dining table, 18' x 6' that gives pretty good social distancing and elbow room. I never saw a mask all day. Food and deserts were great.

Youngest grandson now has a collection of 38 guns, has a range set up behind his parents home, and I took three guns with me. I took the .410 shockwave, my trusty Taurus PT 145 Milpro (I hadn't shot in a year or longer) and a Ruger Gen 3. 22/45. Grandson had a fancy AR10, suppressed and a 6.5 Creedmore on a bolt action platform, also suppressed. Amazing being able to watch him zero those in without hearing protection.

He also had a good collection of handguns. I did shoot his Glock in 10mm. I had never shot a 10mm and yes, it has recoil.

I practiced with the Shockwave .410, shooting from the hip using cheapest birdshot ammo I could find. Still no Josh Randall with it, but satisfied I will get there eventually. PT 145 Milpro still amazes me on how good it shoots.

All in all, a great day with family, just hopeful I didn't bring anything extra home with me.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts