Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not our family. We are planning on having the most family ever over to our house for Thanksgiving. Masks will be not allowed at house Daytonaredeye. We will have 10-12 staying overnight with us for a couple of nights. No coronavirus tests required either. We are playing Thanksgiving straight with no illness or government interference.

I heard the gov of Oregon last night saying that people who break the law will be cited. There are no laws regarding Covid. The Michigan Supreme Court slapped ole Gretchen's hard as playing too fast and loose with her executive orders. They were deemed not Constitutional and that's what we patriots have been saying for a year now. The Constitution does Not take a break because of illnesses or social problems. The Constitution is NOT NEGOTIABLE with local government - it overrides power hungry people who want to run other people's lives.

·
Super Moderator
36,024 Posts
We will be a small group of four. Probably grill steaks.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Wife's cousin always throws the dinner and we're invited again this year. There's always a crowd. He's a retired pediatrist. Fortunately, he's not a pulmonologist. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
Bravo, sir. Our family thinks the same way. Her Majesty, the Queen of New Mexico, has decreed that family gatherings at Thanksgiving shall be no more than five in number - and that, after self quarantine, lest her wrath be aroused against the vassals inhabiting our fair state.

Yeah, right.

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
Just family here. Daughter, her husband and 4 extremely active boys, along with her twin brother and his two active little ones.

Only we are not doing the turkey and fixings dinner this year...too darn worn out at this point. Daughter, son in law and 4 boys have been living with up for a bit over a month now. Their new house will close on Nov. 30th...HOT DAM!!

Think we will do a simple burgers, hotdogs, hot links, and a few turkey sausages for those feeling festive. Add some chips, tater salad, deviled aggs and call it a Day of Blessings. Of course things could always change and we go full Tex-Mex.

As for me, the only Turkey I plan on enjoying come in a bottle with a cork and the label reads "Wild Turkey 101"

Hope this Holiday finds all of you, my T/A Family and Friends in good health, positive frame of mind, and Blessings as we adventure forward into untraveled territories.

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
I'm getting more on the fence all the time, not because of any rules or regulations, just know a lot of folks who have and have had the virus and it is particularly virulent right now.

At this point, I am waffling on whether to travel with my wife to Denver City, about 75 miles from Lubbock to our grand daughters basketball games this afternoon. I will definitely wear a mask riding in the same car with her (my wife). She works in one of our major hospitals in administration.

My wife, daughter and her husband are anti-maskers, nearly belligerent about it. My wife is a Bible thumper and hasn't been to church since the shut down, and rarely goes into any stores.

Our hospitals are full now, and I don't want to be waiting in that line.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I was going to have some family and friends over, but my wife and I decided it's best not to risk it considering the numbers are now off and running again, like never before actually, and El Paso hospitals are sending their spill overs (of which there are plenty) up to our area. Especially now that my father's living with us, taking unnecessary risks seems overly foolish and potentially deadly. So it's just going to be the 3 of us, but I'm still cooking and doing the full spread. Best thing about Thanksgiving to me was always the next few days of leftovers anyway, so we are good to go on that end for sure now.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Most we normally have is six if my parents come up from Florida. Dad had carpal tunnel surgery a month ago and did both hands within two weeks of each other so he isn't up to driving.
I gotta work the day before and after so we aren't traveling.
We will go to watch my daughter cheer in the HS football Turkey Day Game.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Unless plans change again we will be having 4 family members over so not a huge crowd. Not having a protest just a small family gathering.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
1 Posts
The one aspect of the idiot politician's ramble that is an absolute hoot is the proclamation by Their Lordships in New York and California decreeing the wearing of masks in between bites. It is comic genious; Hollywood could not have dreamed it up in a hundred years.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
For the last twenty+ years we've lived out of town from my extended family. Only an hour away, but since my parents have passed away in the last dozen years or so, getting together for Thanksgiving isn't exactly practical or as meaningful for all of us anymore. Thanksgivings have been just my wife and two kids for the last ten years or more, and I've really appreciated the smaller events. I might even just go out to dinner with my sister this year, so it would be even less hassle. I haven't missed the enormous gatherings of my childhood and early adult years, but I'd almost like to have a big 30 person event this year just to spite our fearful leaders in government.

·
Registered
625 Posts
We'll have a group of about a dozen for Thanksgiving. All family. If I can work five or six days a week exposed to hundreds of people (many of whom do not wear masks or do not wear them properly if they do), then I can spend an afternoon with family with minimal risk. Turkey, brisket, pecan pie, and any number of side dishes will be on the menu. I do the brisket and pecan pie. Other family members supply the rest. After lunch we usually settle in and watch the Cowboys game together. Not sure if that will happen this year, though.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i'm driving 1002 miles to see my daughter this Thursday or Friday . I'll say 14 days in quarantine unless the pie and turkey runs out. Then all bets are off. LOL I will go to an apple orchard and to a vineyard to get some wine I like.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I choose not to live in fear, it is a sad form of existence. To do so is to give the victory to those who wish to enslave you.

Fortunately I live in Florida, one of the few remaining 'free states'.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was going to have some family and friends over, but my wife and I decided it's best not to risk it considering the numbers are now off and running again, like never before actually, and El Paso hospitals are sending their spill overs (of which there are plenty) up to our area. Especially now that my father's living with us, taking unnecessary risks seems overly foolish and potentially deadly. So it's just going to be the 3 of us, but I'm still cooking and doing the full spread. Best thing about Thanksgiving to me was always the next few days of leftovers anyway, so we are good to go on that end for sure now.
May not matter to you but a recent study done at "The Icahn School of Medicine at Mt Sinai" proved beyond doubt that lockdowns do NOT prevent Covid spread! Biden can preach science all day but he's worse than Twitter and fartbook if he censors this scientific data for his political gain!
Please feel free to look this study info up for confirmation. It should be easy to find as it was published in the most recent issue of "The New England Journal of Medicine".

1 - 20 of 49 Posts