Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming there might be some irritation in the air right now (nothing specific) what is your personal choice of a Go To gun in case a zombie or maybe say a....rioter.... comes knocking on the door? Not theory, or a wish list, but what you have beside you right now. Time is up, no more shopping, you gotta go with what you have now.

Mine is my AR and a magazine of Winchester Ranger LE ammo.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Assuming there might be some irritation in the air right now (nothing specific) what is your personal choice of a Go To gun in case a zombie or maybe say a....rioter.... comes knocking on the door? Not theory, or a wish list, but what you have beside you right now. Time is up, no more shopping, you gotta go with what you have now.

Mine is my AR and a magazine of Winchester Ranger LE ammo.
I am in an apartment...has to be a shotgun. 45ACP for Justin Case...You know Justin Case dontcha?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
cz75b with 16+1 and a couple of mags loaded and ready. Mossberg 500 20ga slugs and 000 buck. Both ready to go...

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Nedave, have you looked through your ar sights at night or under reduced visibility? An AR has all black sights that are hard to see at night. If that is your go to gun, I recommend type of red dot or tritium sights. I have an eotech and its deadly accurate.

You also want to put some type of marks on your magazine to help you see it just in case you drop it. Black or dark earth is hard to see at night.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
My Mossy 500 20-ga. with a mix of slugs and #3 buck...

IMG_20140827_120319_280.jpg

And my ever-present Para Expert Carry 1911.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Saiga 12 with a whole bunch of 10 round stick mags loaded with 000 Buckshot. Yeah, and my other stuff, too.

Reactions: treg and Jottinger

·
Administrator
35,526 Posts
Either my Mossberg 500 20 inch barrel loaded with Federal 00 buck (7 rounds), or my AR15, or maybe even my Marlin 336. Just depends.

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Six8 with a green death light on it and sig with tritium sights

·
Registered
32,137 Posts
If they make it past the claymores, I have two Saiga 12's at each corner of the perimeter that are belt fed on an automatic articulating platform and crisscross their fire. Anyone making it through that probably deserves to live and is the meanest ------------- on the planet!

In reality, I do have a Saiga 12 for that duty with more than a few backup shotguns. I am happy with just 00 loads and rifled slugs for the real tough guys.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
If such a thing happens, I have many to select from. I will not list them, because I don't want to tell the alphabet organization what I have, even though they may have paper work on some already. :D I will say, close in or far out, I have it covered.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nedave, have you looked through your ar sights at night or under reduced visibility? An AR has all black sights that are hard to see at night. If that is your go to gun, I recommend type of red dot or tritium sights. I have an eotech and its deadly accurate.

You also want to put some type of marks on your magazine to help you see it just in case you drop it. Black or dark earth is hard to see at night.
Yes, all true. My magazine is marked with bright red tape. Haven't got a red dot sight yet which I was planning on doing, also a light.

·
22,815 Posts
H&R 12 gauge to start, and a .40 XD to back that up. And most importantly, quite a bit of open countryside between me and any place likely to see a riot break out.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
If I had to choose a riot gun among those I owned, I'd probably go with my S&W M&P 15 or the
Mossberg 500. Both of these are light, easy to maneuver and can put a lot of lead down range
if needed. I have other choices available too.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
It is so much more than a gun....

New Harley.jpg

1 - 20 of 110 Posts