Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just sent Lakeline an email and the pics of the spring that I am having the problem with. Let’s see what they have to say. Thanks for your help. Hopefully it is something stupid and small.
For the cost of a $1 spring, they can make you happy and get some eyeball on how they are treating their customers. It's a no brainer for them. If they don't make it right, please post here. I doubt that would the be the case though.

I like the idea of the polymer button changes they have made. If I didn't already have a SS guide, I'd pick one up. Love the 2 oz. weight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
GOOD TO GO!
Actually it isn’t good to go 😞. The spring I have is their original version and it was defective. They have a newer version that fixed the old version.

I guess since I’ve had it for so long they won’t send me a new one. They will rebuild mine or send me a new spring. The rebuild won’t have the buffer though. Who would want the old version?

The one they had sent me was defective. It’s been a long time since I’ve had it. Like a year and half. I just didn’t think it was the recoil spring and tried other fixes until Taurus told me it was the recoil spring. I don’t shot 22’s a lot.

I put the stock one in and sure enough the Lakeline was defective. I was hoping they would give me a new one even a little discount but they will not. Pretty disappointing but oh well. I mean why would I want a new spring for a defective recoil set up?? I’d rather just have the new one. I’m not asking for it free. I am surprised though. I would think they would have sent me a new one no questions asked being that it was defective from the start.

It would be one thing if it was worn out but it was defective. Stand behind your product. Damn.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Actually it isn’t good to go 😞. The spring I have is their original version and it was defective. They have a newer version that fixed the old version.

I guess since I’ve had it for so long they won’t send me a new one. They will rebuild mine or send me a new spring. The rebuild won’t have the buffer though. Who would want the old version?

The one they had sent me was defective. It’s been a long time since I’ve had it. Like a year and half. I just didn’t think it was the recoil spring and tried other fixes until Taurus told me it was the recoil spring. I don’t shot 22’s a lot.

I put the stock one in and sure enough the Lakeline was defective. I was hoping they would give me a new one even a little discount but they will not. Pretty disappointing but oh well. I mean why would I want a new spring for a defective recoil set up?? I’d rather just have the new one. I’m not asking for it free. I am surprised though. I would think they would have sent me a new one no questions asked being that it was defective from the start.

It would be one thing if it was worn out but it was defective. Stand behind your product. Damn.

Alex, when you contacted me I immediately offered to correct the problem. I will, at your choice, send you a new spring, swap the spring on the one you have, or send you a new recoil assembly and a return label. Whichever of those is most convenient for you. I have recoil assemblies around for support that are equivalent to the one you have that are brand new, with a revised spring.

But, that doesn't appear to be what you want. You don't want an equivalent part with a new spring, you don't want a new spring, you don't want us to put a new spring on the part you have. You only want us to send you a new, latest, version of the product.

As I told you via email:

"I treat all of our customers consistently. How does it make any business sense to offer all of our prior customers for a product a new version at a discount? Similarly, if all someone has to do is call or email and say they have an issue with their current part to get a new version, I will get hundreds of those calls. We treat everyone consistently, and that has to make sense. So, I have to expect that whatever we offer will be put up on forums and facebook pages just as you are doing.

If you don't like your car, phone, computer, gun, etc. nobody will offer you a new model for free just because you want it. That said, I have bent over backwards to solve your return to battery issue."

So, yes, we stand behind our products. But we don't have a "forever upgrade" policy that once you buy something we will replace whatever you have with the latest version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Alex, when you contacted me I immediately offered to correct the problem. I will, at your choice, send you a new spring, swap the spring on the one you have, or send you a new recoil assembly and a return label. Whichever of those is most convenient for you. I have recoil assemblies around for support that are equivalent to the one you have that are brand new, with a revised spring.

But, that doesn't appear to be what you want. You don't want an equivalent part with a new spring, you don't want a new spring, you don't want us to put a new spring on the part you have. You only want us to send you a new, latest, version of the product.

As I told you via email:

"I treat all of our customers consistently. How does it make any business sense to offer all of our prior customers for a product a new version at a discount? Similarly, if all someone has to do is call or email and say they have an issue with their current part to get a new version, I will get hundreds of those calls. We treat everyone consistently, and that has to make sense. So, I have to expect that whatever we offer will be put up on forums and facebook pages just as you are doing.

If you don't like your car, phone, computer, gun, etc. nobody will offer you a new model for free just because you want it. That said, I have bent over backwards to solve your return to battery issue."

So, yes, we stand behind our products. But we don't have a "forever upgrade" policy that once you buy something we will replace whatever you have with the latest version.
The part was defective from the start! As I explained, I didn’t realize your part was defective until I had tried other fixes. Bending over backwards as you said would be a full replacement. I was was willing to pay for most of it. You really didn’t offer me anything but putting a née spring in it. That like doing the minimum. A defective part shouldn’t have even been let out of your shop. I get that it happens at times but you wernt even willing to give a tiny discount for a new one? That’s kind of low budget but ok. You did not bend over backwards as you said. You want to send me a cheap fix when you have a real fix already. Obviously you knew there was a problem with the early version or you wouldn’t have had to make it and get rid of the original version that wasn’t good. Most disappointing. Again I was willing to pay for the new one is slightly discounted price but you wouldn’t even do that.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The part was defective from the start! As I explained, I didn’t realize your part was defective until I had tried other fixes. Bending over backwards as you said would be a full replacement. I was was willing to pay for most of it. You really didn’t offer me anything but putting a née spring in it. That like doing the minimum. A defective part shouldn’t have even been let out of your shop. I get that it happens at times but you wernt even willing to give a tiny discount for a new one? That’s kind of low budget but ok. You did not bend over backwards as you said. You want to send me a cheap fix when you have a real fix already. Obviously you knew there was a problem with the early version or you wouldn’t have had to make it and get rid of the original version that wasn’t good. Most disappointing. Again I was willing to pay for the new one is slightly discounted price but you wouldn’t even do that.
We are shipping your new assembly this morning. It took you 21 months to let us know about your defect "from the start." You have apparently little background in understanding how things are made. Sometimes, there are defects. We promptly address them when they occur. The only possible issue from what you described was the spring, so yes, replacing the spring solves it. If you were in a big hurry, we could send a new spring. I offered to replace it, or even swap the assembly. I guess folks can decide if that is good service or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are shipping your new assembly this morning. It took you 21 months to let us know about your defect "from the start." You have apparently little background in understanding how things are made. Sometimes, there are defects. We promptly address them when they occur. The only possible issue from what you described was the spring, so yes, replacing the spring solves it. If you were in a big hurry, we could send a new spring. I offered to replace it, or even swap the assembly. I guess folks can decide if that is good service or not.
You never offered to replace the item. That is BS. You offered to give me a bandaide fix. I only agreed to the fix until I realized it wasn’t an updated fix and Not replace. Be honest. Also, why did you get personal? That was an asshole thing to say to me.
Font Number Document Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
875 Posts
You never offered to replace the item. That is BS. You offered to give me a bandaide fix. I only agreed to the fix until I realized it wasn’t an updated fix and Not replace. Be honest. Also, why did you get personal? That was an asshole thing to say to me. You are such an ass for saying that. View attachment 481599
We had already shipped you a new assembly, and you have received notification of the shipment. It will more than address any return to battery issues that you suddenly discovered from 21 months ago. You have harangued me for 20 emails now trying to get us to send you a new design. There is not any problem with the prior design. I honestly have no idea what you think we aren't addressing other than giving in to somebody who tries to terrorize us to get a free upgrade. I assume that is why you took your grievances to the forum as well. Unlike some of our leaders, I don't negotiate with terrorists.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We had already shipped you a new assembly, and you have received notification of the shipment. It will more than address any return to battery issues that you suddenly discovered from 21 months ago. You have harangued me for 20 emails now trying to get us to send you a new design. There is not any problem with the prior design. I honestly have no idea what you think we aren't addressing other than giving in to somebody who tries to terrorize us to get a free upgrade. I assume that is why you took your grievances to the forum as well. Unlike some of our leaders, I don't negotiate with terrorists.
You are being dishonest again. I said I would pay the difference. Do I need to post that email too? Terrorize?? Really. Don’t be dramatic. we are all grown men here. No need to go there. All I am asking you to do is stand behind your product. It took me a long time to figure out the problem with the gun after Taurus told me about the defective part you sold me.
Yes it’s been a long time since I received your part that was defective. I don’t shoot 22’s a lot and it took a long time to figure out the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are being dishonest again. I said I would pay the difference. Do I need to post that email too? Terrorize?? Really. Don’t be dramatic. we are all grown men here. No need to go there. All I am asking you to do is stand behind your product. It took me a long time to figure out the problem with the gun after Taurus told me about the defective part you sold me.
Yes it’s been a long time since I received your part that was defective. I don’t shoot 22’s a lot and it took a long time to figure out the problem.
I am a 27 year United States Marine Corps veteran. Don’t ever call me a terrorist. I spent some time over fighting there as many have. That is the most disrespectful thing you could call another American. This was a gun issue and not a personal thing. You never know who you are bad mouthing. I just want you to stand behind your product.

Don’t ever call another person a terrorist unless they are. You disrespect the people and servicemen who have been killed or wounded by terrorists. You showed who you are with your post.

Attachments

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
Enough
Locked!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.