Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Lakeline is fine, they have the spring end ground so there is no sharp edge. The new and improved Taurus Guide rod spring is ground at end also. It is fine, only diff is Taurus is plastic, also spring is longer to stop the slide from bashing the frame. the other's are stainless steel. I don't recall any OEM guide rods failing.

Also the newer models have an improved barrel. I had my TX #1 barrel replaced, all done by email, had new barrel in about a week by USPS. They are checked by serial number, I don't know the range though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I like the topic of this post. While we haven't seen any broken slides using our recoil assembly and the ground spring, we took a look at what we could do to reduce the loads going into the slide when firing. Any solution had to be robust, and not require additional maintenance. We designed a buffered recoil assembly, utilizing a polymer buffer. It reduces the shock loading going into the slide when the spring bottoms by a small, but meaningful amount. The spring never touches the slide and only the polymer, which is softer than the aluminum, contacts the surfaces of the slide that are seeing the issues. So, that's our answer to the TX22 slide issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the weight of your guide, it is heavier than competition. Can those who have the older version upgrade with the new buffer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The buffer will eventually ware out I would think. I like the stainless steel washer myself. does the rod come apart to either replace buffer or just replace with a washer?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The buffer will eventually ware out I would think. I like the stainless steel washer myself. does the rod come apart to either replace buffer or just replace with a washer?
If the buffer can be user replaced, I wouldn't care if it wears out. If not, that would pose a problem.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The buffer is made out of the same material that suspension bushings for race cars are made of. It is unlikely to wear out in the TX22 application where it sees relatively light loads. We did not see any degradation of the buffer at all in our testing. Yes, the recoil assembly can be disassembled. We could have more easily done a stainless washer, but that doesn't reduce the shock loads the slide sees and we still saw some wear on the slide surface with a steel washer.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I like the weight of your guide, it is heavier than competition. Can those who have the older version upgrade with the new buffer?
We changed the guide rod, reduced the thickness of the flange at the back end of the guide rod, to accommodate the buffer. So, just adding the buffer to the prior version could cause the slide to not travel far enough back. The spring is still equivalent to the latest factory springs as is the allowed travel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OK, I like your answers, I shall order 2 when I recover from buying 2 of the other guys who never answer their phone or emails. Stainless Steel Guide Rod Co. SUCK big time...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the topic of this post. While we haven't seen any broken slides using our recoil assembly and the ground spring, we took a look at what we could do to reduce the loads going into the slide when firing. Any solution had to be robust, and not require additional maintenance. We designed a buffered recoil assembly, utilizing a polymer buffer. It reduces the shock loading going into the slide when the spring bottoms by a small, but meaningful amount. The spring never touches the slide and only the polymer, which is softer than the aluminum, contacts the surfaces of the slide that are seeing the issues. So, that's our answer to the TX22 slide issue.
View attachment 481388
I have a lakeline That I ordered along while back. It give me light primer strikes. I’ve tried different ammo as well with same results. The stock recoil spring works fine. Can you tell me what’s going on? What can you do for me to get it rolling? Thanks
Skyscraper Household hardware Auto part Cylinder Nickel
Automotive tire Office supplies Coil spring Font Household hardware

·
Registered
467 Posts
I don't see how the guide rod could cause your problem, check for dirt in the striker system.
I can't speak for the TX22 but my Kahr P380 developed light strikes from the recoil spring at about 400 rounds. The spring was always somewhat weak, and eventually it allowed the striker pressure to move the slide rearward just enough to reduce the striker force. I always thought the Kahr dual RS was a poor design (weak while in battery, and way too strong with slide pulled back) so I replaced it with a Kimber Micro 9 flat spring and it's perfect now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't see how the guide rod could cause your problem, check for dirt in the striker system.
On my original post I mention that the stock spring works great with no light primer strikes. Shoots everything. The lakeline is every other shot or so is a light primer strike. It’s not dirt. I’ve cleaned and done everything I can think of.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maybe Lakeline will send you a replacement spring? What funflyer said about his Kahr is notable and The Kahr has a heavy trigger pull telling us it may over power the guide rod but the striker spring on TX is a 5lb or less pull. I would ask Lakeline for a new spring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just sent Lakeline an email and the pics of the spring that I am having the problem with. Let’s see what they have to say. Thanks for your help. Hopefully it is something stupid and small.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.