·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
This was my response.

I have a hard time as well believing it was a "Service Dog". Most service animals are significantly older than a puppy, and are required to be on a leash and wear an orange vest identifying the dog as a service animal. These vests are also marked saying 'Please don't pet me, I'm working" or something similar. Unfortunately, the people who bring alleged "service animals" into stores, malls, etc. are not required to provide proof that the animal is what they say it is. So if someone brings a dog into a mall that only allows service animals, and security asks if it is such an animal, the owner can lie and still say "yes" and have to be taken at their word. I know, I've dealt with people like this on several occasions and our hands have been tied due to the mall policy.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
This guy should be charged with attempted murder.
We have a not so "service animal" problem in Maine walmarts also. Too many people bring dogs into the store, call them service animals and as long as the dog is not running loose or being aggressive, the policy is do not bother them. Everyone has a "mental" problem and muffy the yappy asthma hound chihuahua that sits on a custom pillow in the shopping cart is my "service dog".

·
Administrator
35,700 Posts
Ex military guy. This is sad.....if he doesn't have enough discernment to know that you don't shoot somebody over an argument about your dog, then he doesn't need to be carrying, period. I'm afraid that he'll now have a felony on his record, as he should - he shot at center of mass and, you could argue, tried to kill the Walmart manager. I'm afraid he's going away for a while.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
He probably won't be charged with attempted murder if they are like our local police. I have our city's police department Facebook page on mine, and they always post info on shootings. Two things that surprised me when I started getting their updates. Number one is how many shootings we have here that you don't hear about on the news.

Second is almost none of the shooters are charged with attempted murder, just aggravated assault. It seems to reason in my mind that if you pull out a gun and shoot them for any reason at all, you have the intention of killing them. Maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
What a fool and yeah, when your "service" dog is described as not much larger than a puppy it ain't a service dog.

Reactions: gunnerk19

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I guess had an anger management problem. Time in jail will help him..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts