Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't shot the Heritage in a while with .22LR which, of course, is the economical way to shoot it. .22 mag is just as accurate in the gun and there's no elevation hold over with it. But, I was able to ring that 6" gong 3 out of 6 with it from 20 yards, so that's doing decent methinks. Of course, I had my Ruger Mk2 with me and rang it 6 to 7 of 10 from 30 yards, but it's a cheater gun. If you miss with it, you KNOW it's YOUR fault. :D Not only is it more accurate, I have a red dot sight on the thing which makes it a cheater gun. ;D Both guns are a hoot to plink with, but the Ruger is almost too easy. I get more challenged out of the iron sights on the Heritage. :laugh: Good times either way, though. I love rimfires, just so much shooting fun and challenge for so little money. :D

·
Administrator
40,585 Posts
Moving and skimming over all these existing threads, makes me want to get my single action 22/22mag. out to the range. And I don't even own a Rough Rider yet!

·
Super Moderator
38,026 Posts
I hadn't shot the Heritage in a while with .22LR which, of course, is the economical way to shoot it. .22 mag is just as accurate in the gun and there's no elevation hold over with it. But, I was able to ring that 6" gong 3 out of 6 with it from 20 yards, so that's doing decent methinks. Of course, I had my Ruger Mk2 with me and rang it 6 to 7 of 10 from 30 yards, but it's a cheater gun. If you miss with it, you KNOW it's YOUR fault. :D Not only is it more accurate, I have a red dot sight on the thing which makes it a cheater gun. ;D Both guns are a hoot to plink with, but the Ruger is almost too easy. I get more challenged out of the iron sights on the Heritage. :laugh: Good times either way, though. I love rimfires, just so much shooting fun and challenge for so little money. :D
No love for the SR22? What's the accuracy at 20 yards with that bad boy?

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No love for the SR22? What's the accuracy at 20 yards with that bad boy?
The SR22 is about 2" at 25 yards off the bench. The Heritage matches that, BUT, it shoots a little low and a little left so you have to use a little Kentucky windage/elevation. :laugh: I shoot my SR22 a lot more'n either my Heritage or my Mk 2, though. I just like that little tack driver. :D

You know, it's tough when one has so many really good .22s to choose from. But, I manage. :rofl: I was near wanting a Taurus TX22, but I mean, ain't like I'd be NEEDING it. :D I may get one once the factory works out the few bugs I've read about, but I have plenty of .22s to play with in the meantime. Why I wanted the Heritage is the look of the little birds head model. The fact that it's a good, fun shooter is a bonus. When I'm running traps out back, I kinda like that thing loaded with .22 magnums. There's a little less death kicking with raccoons with the bigger round. I've not had a chance to put down a hog with it, yet. Should work well, heck, my NAA mini revolver does. :rofl:

·
Registered
161 Posts
...but it's a cheater gun....
I like that description of an auto-loader with a R/D when compared to the notch/blade of 1870's reduced scale replica. :)

It is fun to get back to iron sights but what's more is the single action of an SSA (single action army) causes me be to recover my sight picture quickly after moving thumbs (right or left depending on grip) to re-cock the hammer. A nice change of pace from those cheat'en auto-loaders.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Moving and skimming over all these existing threads, makes me want to get my single action 22/22mag. out to the range. And I don't even own a Rough Rider yet!
The RR is such a KISS handgun. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

And since MSRP is well below $200 you don't have worry about treating it like a Swiss watch... more like a Timex.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts