Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - everyone give me a virtual conciliatory pat on the back and a hug - my baby 5" 94 revolver that I just got back yesterday from it's 2nd trip to Florida is going back again!

I got 150 rounds thru it last night pretty well, tonight I got maybe 50 rounds thru it and then all of a sudden when I thumbed the hammer back it wouldn't stay seated - there was a bind. OK, so DH and I figure it's the darn trigger spring that's binding and we can cut a coil off of it. So we bring baby home and take baby apart, look at the trigger spring - yes it's a bit bunchy but - whoa there!!! The transfer bar is free floating and I know that's not right! I'm a geez-ette - an old lady - how the heck could I have broken the transfer bar!??!

Then I remembered the post from RAL2 (see the link here) and I just wrote to him to see if he's gotten his 94 back after the 3rd time his transfer bar broke. Both of our 94's were made in 2012. Something is not right. Darn it - I was just starting to bond with my baby again. So I will call Taurus CS first thing in the morning and make arrangements to get baby back down there. I'm sad, I'm being a good sport about it, but I'm sad, darn it. Must be having bad karma or something 'cause my tablet died, too (now I have to get on the big ol' 'puter to check in at TaurusArmed and I can't do that from my comfy chair!) but the tablet manufacturer is sending me a new one! I just want baby fixed! :(

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Ask for a complete internal rebuild. Throw out all of it's moving parts and only keep the frame, barrel, and grip. Suggest that it would be less expensive for them rather than to keep paying people for labor and their return shipping to you. If it ain't right, it'll be coming back, again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i sent you a message about my 94 but not sure if it went thru - i did get my 94 back in 17 days and have put about 1500 - 2000 rounds thru it - so far so good - i had requested a new gun but that did not happen - they must have come up with a fix for this problem ( i hope so anyway) i will say again " they just can't be this bad can they?"
good luck on the repair - let us know the outcome

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ask for a complete internal rebuild. Throw out all of it's moving parts and only keep the frame, barrel, and grip. Suggest that it would be less expensive for them rather than to keep paying people for labor and their return shipping to you. If it ain't right, it'll be coming back, again.
The last time it went down they worked on the cylinder and that was sooo much better when I got it back; each time that it's gone down to Taurus the problem it was sent for was fixed. There's a lot going in inside a revolver; I think I just got one made on a Friday or a Monday, as we used to say in the manufacturing industry!:rolleyes:Eventually they'll have fixed everything!; the clock is ticking at only 2 months since purchase so I still have time for them to work on it. While a bit irritating, by the time I finally get it all worked out it will be a "custom" fire arm!

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Sorry to hear! Hang in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.