·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yeah I have no idea what that is going to do that's any different. Aside from the usual politicians are stupid, what is their goal with this?

·
Administrator
40,576 Posts
Yeah I have no idea what that is going to do that's any different. Aside from the usual politicians are stupid, what is their goal with this?
Generate some revenue for the state, and run the little guys out of business.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Generate some revenue for the state, and run the little guys out of business.

Now I'll have to wait to see how this is going to effect the small range/shop that we visit and shoot at. This poor guy just bought this shop about 2 years ago when the former owner was going to retire and just shut down. At tat time the business had really fallen off and the new owner has but a lot of time and effort into rebuilding the business.

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
The Slide Into Extreme Gun Control In Illinois Has Started

The new communist governor just signed into law the bill that was vetoed by the prior governor. It is designed to drive the small Mom & Pop gun stores out of business, further denying legal citizens the ability to procure tools for their self defense. It may also result in the closing of the marginally profitable ranges associated with those stores. A bonus for the communists here will be the revenue that they will get from the people who decide to stay in the business.

"It’s aimed at giving the state more oversight over gun sales at gun shops. It requires gun shops to get a state license, put in surveillance cameras, establish electronic inventory system and anti-theft systems and train employees every year on spotting straw gun sales."

"
The Illinois Rifle Association said the bill is designed to put small firearms dealers out of business. The license will cost a dealer up to $1,500"

https://wgntv.com/2019/01/17/pritzker-to-sign-illinois-first-gun-licensing-bill-into-law-today/

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
The new communist governor just signed into law the bill that was vetoed by the prior governor. It is designed to drive the small Mom & Pop gun stores out of business, further denying legal citizens the ability to procure tools for their self defense. It may also result in the closing of the marginally profitable ranges associated with those stores. A bonus for the communists here will be the revenue that they will get from the people who decide to stay in the business.

"It’s aimed at giving the state more oversight over gun sales at gun shops. It requires gun shops to get a state license, put in surveillance cameras, establish electronic inventory system and anti-theft systems and train employees every year on spotting straw gun sales."

"
The Illinois Rifle Association said the bill is designed to put small firearms dealers out of business. The license will cost a dealer up to $1,500"

https://wgntv.com/2019/01/17/pritzker-to-sign-illinois-first-gun-licensing-bill-into-law-today/

The sentence highlighted is the crux of the problem! Giving the STATE more OVERSIGHT (Control) over Guns IS the problem!!

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
That’s a helluva way to start out your reign!

Our Governor addressed the state yesterday with statements of “working with Pres Trump to begin solving and cleaning up problems in the state”. Boring - just wanna get in lockstep with Trump . .;D

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I thought the Supreme Court put a stop to those kinds of laws.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
I feel for Illinoisans who have to put up with this nonsense. This is what happens when elected officials think they can lord over their constituents. Well, I guess they can if they're never voted out.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
While many shops may be able to put up the $1500, that may be a drop in the bucket as compared to the infrastructure costs and the labor costs.

Now, if a state really wanted to shut down all gun stores, they'd mandate that all employees have some type of specific gun sellers license (similar to insurance sales) and then make that license cost prohibitive, or just never issue any. There are an unlimited number of ways for a government to quash commerce. The citizen's only avenue is to appeal to that same government for mercy (and good luck with that).

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
Merged threads...

·
23,204 Posts
Ever seen Bob's Burgers? Imagine Hugo giving a gun shop an inspection.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I feel for Illinoisans who have to put up with this nonsense. This is what happens when elected officials think they can lord over their constituents. Well, I guess they can if they're never voted out.
This is what happens when the Dems use a big city (Chicago) as a large voting block to get themselves elected and why Dems want to do away with the Electoral College. Texas may be getting a wake up call as 400,000 Californians have recently moved to Texas. You will need to educate them quickly on why they should not bring the crap with them that was the reason they left.

We had a new guy come in last year from Reno, Nevada. He said he moved to Reno from California just to get out from under all the Liberal BS, only to have the same Californians follow him to Reno and start the same crap all over again. He said he moved to Alabama because he figured those Californians would be too afraid to move here. I guess in some ways it helps to have a red neck rep. He has been attending Town Council meetings just to "make sure they don't start doing stupid stuff."

I have new neighbors here on the mountain, one young couple from Colorado and my new next door neighbors are from California. Talked to the wife next door and she said they relocated here because his Defense company moved here, but that he is a hunter and relieved to be out from under the California hunting regulations, so I am guessing they will be OK. The Colorado couple run some gourmet food trucks, but seem to be pretty level headed.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
729 Posts
Their strategy is to attack the economics of 2A. Fees, taxes, bank cancellations, credit card fees or denials. It will get worse I am afraid.

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
I emailed my FFL who works out of his house to offer my condolences and see if he would keep his license going forward. He said that the 1500.00 was for the large gun sellers...big box type...and that his license "fee" would be about 300.00. Not sure if that's every year or what time period. He charges 20.00 per transfer so I was afraid to lose him.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This guy was just elected. This is his 1st weeks in office. Sadly for now but nearly the entire state of Illinois has now turned dark Blue. As for me I am only 5 minutes from the Illinois border. As seen elsewhere there are many Illinisians relocating to Wisconsin and they are bringing their corrupt government with them.

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
The sentence highlighted is the crux of the problem! Giving the STATE more OVERSIGHT (Control) over Guns IS the problem!!
I don't know what oversight they could possibly have that wouldn't infringe on one's right to keep and bear arms.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe they are looking towards the Mexico model for gun control. You may own them you just cannot shoot them or take them out of your home.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
The Illinois governmental circus is the prequel to the national election next year. A Republican executive at odds with a Democratic legislature, both intransigent. The results are stalemate, Mexican standoff, gridlock, any of the above or all of them. Or pick your own adjective. But when the electorate has suffered enough, as apparently Illinois has, they will vote for change (sound familiar?). It's good to have principles but at the end of the day it can hurt your cause more than help it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts