Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had just gotten the kids to bed and were getting ready to watch some tv when a LOUD crash happened followed by another just a second later coming from the laundry room.My first thought was someone kicking in the never used second back door which my desk and personal computer setup is blocking.I grab a pistol and walk into the room to find.............three scared pugs looking at this mess.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
LOL, I bet that scared those pugs of yours good. That's a nice little mess you have to clean
up there though.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cabinet holding some of my ammo had fallen off the wall,landed on the hot water heater,and them fell forward onto the floor.And I had 2x4 pieces securing it up to boot!Oh well time to finally put the ammo in the big chest I bought for that very reason more than a year ago.lol

Luckily it didn't land on one of the dogs and kill them.So no tv for me as I cleaned it up and temporarily put it all in the same cabinet on top of the water heater facing the other way. 0103152131b.jpg

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a really nice stash of ammunition. :)

Reactions: Stroker

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I just ordered my 3rd Stack-On cabinet a week ago just to store ammo and meds that my wife likes to keep locked up from family moochers.

Too much stuff and not enough space to keep it in.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My biggest fear! I pulled all mine out of the cabinets a couple of months ago and now have it secured in some Snap-On lockable cabinets.

Glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I can't say that it falling off the wall is terribly surprising given what you were asking of it. ;)

Glad nobody was hurt.

Reactions: rodfair and Stroker

·
Super Moderator
13,827 Posts
May I introduce myself as the first in line offering to relieve you of some of your surplus ammunition? It's obvious you have more than you can safely store, and need time for engineers and architects to design a proper storage system. I'd be glad to store some or all of it for you, with only a slight surcharge for my services, ammo being my preferred choice of barter in these transactions.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Oh - man! I'm in the middle of redoing my reloading area and ammo storage - I have a lot of weighty things on the decision block!

Sorry to say - but, I'm glad that I saw that. I'm close to the edge and know it. Weight will be staying close to the floor. Powder shelves - no problem.

Glad it was not any worse on your end!!! ;)

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
:D:DSend it to me and I will remove the lead and powder thereby greatly reducing the weight. I will send it back to you after that weight loss so you can safely store it.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
This is just what the pugs want you to think, when they were really raiding your ammo stash. "Quick guys, act scared and look innocent".

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are too nice!Now see if just one of you had offered to pay shipping or bribed the pugs with some milk bones you might have had a deal.I had to put the buggers out to keep them from peeing on it before I could clean it up!The only gun I would run pee soaked ammo through is a Glock.

·
22,321 Posts
Does this mean I shouldn't keep my stash of shotgun slugs in my treehouse?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts