Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hinted a couple times that I was working on something new for 1911's well I can finaly talk about it. Below is a Pic of the repalceable backstrap mainspring housing. I have to say a special thank you to Mark Kresser, with out his guidance and encouragement I would not be sitting here today telling you guys about this project. In the pic is he first 3d printed mainspring housing. I put in all the guts in and ill be darned if it did not shoot.It does need some tweeking here and there but it is start in any case. I have no idea where this will take me, it is possable no where but so far this has been moe aboutthe jouney and not the destination

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Congratulations! Man that's funny. While looking at 1911s at my lgs this morning before work I wondered when/if someone was going to come out with replaceable back straps for that gun.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Pretty cool, glad it is going in the right direction.

Reactions: RobbK

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Very cool and congratulations. If there is a base mainspring housing, then it can receive a "backstrap" such as flat, arched, smooth, etc?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
That's a great idea and should take you far! Congrats!

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Congrats ! Cool stuff

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very cool and congratulations. If there is a base mainspring housing, then it can receive a "backstrap" such as flat, arched, smooth, etc?
Yup thats what I had in mind

Reactions: bamashooter

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Great job Robb. As a fellow patent holder allow me to give you a piece of advice.... NEVER stop at just one Patent. Keep creating, keep inventing.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I would like a complete set with your name etched on the inside or perhaps your initials stamped. Do you need my address yet? :)

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
That is SO COOL! Congratulations. I'll be looking for them in the store!!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Cool!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts