Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a good deal on a brand new G2 and yup, wanted it. So I did notice three differences so far. The older one (white paint fill in) was made in 2013. New one made last year. The slide, right before the slide release has a different angle or cut than the new one. As you can see it is cut back a little different. I also noticed the barrel on the new one is thicker and doesn't have little grooves in the edges of the feed ramp. Also, the OEM sight on the new one is a different design than what came with my original older one (which ended up coming lose at 2000 rounds after some rapid fire) I wonder why they changed the top design like that? It's cool but I'm just curious if anyone knows the details. Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun Manage

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I noticed some if those things a while back when I was comparing my dad's G2 with mine. Odd little changes that probably saved them a few bucks in the manufacturing process.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
I noticed some if those things a while back when I was comparing my dad's G2 with mine. Odd little changes that probably saved them a few bucks in the manufacturing process.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This, some of my Smiths towards the end of the run went black mim trigger and hammer no matter what the finish was to save money. My "New Gen 3" Glock 17 came w/o the test fire brass and a Gen 4 book. Actually G2 specific the USA mags aren't as pretty as the Brazilian made ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This, some of my Smiths towards the end of the run went black mim trigger and hammer no matter what the finish was to save money. My "New Gen 3" Glock 17 came w/o the test fire brass and a Gen 4 book. Actually G2 specific the USA mags aren't as pretty as the Brazilian made ones.
Yeah I noticed that when I bought a spare mag a couple months ago!

Anyway I took it out today after cleaning all the brown grease and goop out and 100 rounds, zero problems as I expected.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Yeah I noticed that when I bought a spare mag a couple months ago!

Anyway I took it out today after cleaning all the brown grease and goop out and 100 rounds, zero problems as I expected.
That's the most important part anyways!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wait a minute. The new finish on the G2's is actually cheaper than the PT111 G2? I didn't think that was possible, (except for black spray paint possibly)
LOL yeah I was shocked as well. I was like let me rent one to side by side with my G2 and I B blank if it was already rusted around the serrations and mag release button. The gun may have been in that case not a week for public use.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
LOL yeah I was shocked as well. I was like let me rent one to side by side with my G2 and I B blank if it was already rusted around the serrations and mag release button. The gun may have been in that case not a week for public use.
That's really sad. I know they want to make them cheap, but even handguns that sell for half the price have better finishes than that. :(

Despite being holstered and unholstered at least once a day or more, the finish on mine looks almost the same as the first day I got it. I occasionally wax it. If I ever get another one though it's going to be stainless.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe it was from KYGUNCO.com. They do sell blemished Taurus' there.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
YUP subtle changes made to cut overhead now realize all makers practice it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts