Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for the best concealment holster for my Taurus 817. (It's the same size as the 617) There are some nice options in both leather and molded plastic.
I prefer leather and I sure would appreciate hearing what you guys think are the best holsters.

I'll say it again ... TA is the best forum!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I too prefer leather holsters, most of mine are leather and made by Bianchi.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have one of the Tommy Theis holsters and love it.

Reactions: JimmyA

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
I own leather holsters from Bianchi, Galco, Lawrence, El Paso Saddlery et. al.

They are all good brands that have been around for a while, but there are dozens of small one man shops that put out great leather too.

The internet makes it possible to shop around like never before.

I prefer strong side "pancake" style outside the waist band holsters for most conceal carry, followed by insde the waist band.

...and on some occassions, fanny packs..

·
Administrator
35,504 Posts
I have a Tucker Texas Heritage IWB tuckable holster that is terrific. It's all leather except for the plastic J clips and it's very comfortable.

·
Administrator
40,088 Posts
Another vote for leather here! There is also DeSantis Holsters, and Don Hume Leather, if you're on a budget. It will be rare indeed, if you land on a holster you fall in love with right off the bat. Usually takes a couple to determine your likes and dislikes.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate the great comments ... I found out I'm going in the right direction. I've already researched most of the makers mentioned.
I have a Simply Rugged for my S&W and like it a lot. Also am going to look at Texas Heritage.
(Thanks to texastaurusguy for that one - :cool: )

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Your question is the reason most of us have a box full of holsters. As was mentioned, you'll probably have to try a few until you find the one that YOU like. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Don Hume J.I.T. Slide; simple, elegant, and inexpensive. Here is a photo of it with my Taurus® Mdl 617SS2..........

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anybody use a Tagua Leather paddle holster. It looks sharp and leather has to be better for the SS finish than molded plastic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts