Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, those of us just hammered by the Snow will probably have lots of time to surf the net!

In northern KY, we are at about 13" and snowing hard. I would have to dig out my front gate to even get off the farm.

I just wanted to see WHO is also stuck at home in the snow this fine winter day!!

We will have to use a 4WD tractor with a snow blade just to get to the road, by Monday!! The driveway here is about 350 feet long, and drifted to probably almost 2 to 3 feet deep in some places with more winds coming today.

You guys in the south and far west enjoy our plight.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Wow..I am so sorry Robby :(
Today i have to go outside and do some yard work , got to break in my shorts and t-shirts..
I think it is going to be in the 70s today..

God!!! I love Arizona :D
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that is what I am talking about!! Make us mid westerner's really feel good. Yeah, my son lives south of Tombstone, so I know what ya'll got to play in.

·
Administrator
35,309 Posts
We had snow two days ago but it didn't stick - it's going to be about 60 today, I'll probably be wearing short sleeves..... 8) Probably run up to the gun shop too....... :D Am I making you mad yet?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the rest of the guys from the Mid west are still out shoveling.I am going to probably wait until tomorrow to try to get to the road.

I expected some response from the snow bound like me.

If I can find my camera, I will try to post some pictures on my next response.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
not sure how much but it's pretty snowy here in ohio, im not to worried though i actually like the snow, i just dont like the ice.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Robby said:
Now that is what I am talking about!! Make us mid westerner's really feel good. Yeah, my son lives south of Tombstone, so I know what ya'll got to play in.
Yea Robby, the joys of living in the Midwest are bountiful aren't they?? Last Sunday 72 degrees.....last Monday 29 degrees and 5 inches of snow. It a balmy 17 degrees on the beautiful Saturday Morning and I don't plan on going out unless the house catches on fire.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We're getting some [email protected] weather here in Middle Georgia today as well. Mostly (very) high wind and intermittant sleeting. Last night I woke up to possible intruder noise, and after a house-check, went outside, and realized it was the wind -- kicked up something fierce.

As for real winter -- no thanks. Grew up in Florida for 20+ years, and then spent the next 6 in Kansas on my first tour of military duty -- ouch! Snow up to your crotch is not pleasant for us southerners.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Robby I'm in SE MN and it is cold, single digits, but sunny and no snow falling. It's looking like we will be in the 40s in a few days. I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait until I can fish open water again instead of thinking of drilling a hole through ice. I just don't get into the ice fishing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i live just south of louisville,ky and we got 12" of snow.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Yes, an abundance of snow here. I've been out shoveling for the past 3 hours so I can get out of my driveway. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the last time we had that much of a storm, in N. KY, was about 4 years ago at Christmas. This is the biggest snow we have had since 1978. Of course I lived in Dayton Ohio for years, and we had huge snows in 1994, but this is the largest and is a record setter.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The 1994 snowfall was what, in essence, shut the state down for a week that year. Kentucky is ill-equipped to handle a storm of that magnitude compared to other states where a plethora of snow is the rule rather than the exception.

As as could be expected, there were a large number of births across the state roughly 9 months later. LOL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I was in Washington DC working when that hit, working in 50 degree below wind chills, and Dulles Airport at night! But my wife and son's went thru it, Ice was on the insides of the windows in the house about an inch or so thick. Snow was higher than my little pickup trucks roof in front of the house.

·
32,533 Posts
How much snow have we all had?

So much they are thinking of naming this snowpack as a glacier. Low temps staying so long and they drag along as slow as a glacier moves.

Even the penguins and polar bears are complaining around the world. Saw pictures of a few the animal rights people don't want you to see. Both bears and penguins are running around in parkas.

So much snow scientists in this state found a frozen dead caveman and it turned out to be some poor schlep who had been outdoor trying to walk his dog a few days ago.

So much snow we now know what the ancient ice ages were like.

So much snow an ice incrusted wooly mammoth was found. When unfrozen it opened it's eyes looked around and said dejectedly," Darn the bad luck. My alarm clock didn't go off, it's still colder than Hades when I do wake up, and I'm heading to Miami."

·
32,533 Posts
So snowed in that I've watched the movie "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson 45 times.

He's now my hero. :evil: :devil: :judge: :loco: :loco: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: BUWHAHAHAHA!!! Been in this house toooooo long. :rolleyes: :???: :eek: ;D :D :)

Kidding folks. :) ;)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
We are used to big snowfalls like that up here in MN but we haven't had any lately. I'm sure we'll get hit towards the end of the month. We always get it good around the NCAA final four. Last year we got two 12"+ snowfalls right around this time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts