Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smith & Wesson said Americans are buying more guns, and now its stock is going wild

SOURCE: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/smith-wesson-said-americans-buying-154353826.html

Smith & Wesson said Americans are buying more guns, and now its stock is going wild By Akin Oyedele April 15, 2015 11:43 AM

Shares of Smith & Wesson are going wild.

The gun maker's stock was up by as much as 13% to as high as $14.75 per share in trading Wednesday, the highest in nearly 10 months.

In a release on Wednesday, the company said orders have been stronger than expected in the fourth fiscal quarter.

It raised its expectations for net sales to between $175 million and $179 million, an 8% bump from the range it projected early in March.

For the full-year, the company sees sales totaling $546-$550 million.

Adjusted earnings per share are expected to fall between $0.39-$0.41 in the fourth quarter and $0.96-$0.98 for the full year. Previously, the company had forecast adjusted EPS of $0.29-$0.31 in the fourth quarter and the $0.87-$0.89 for the year.

In its most recent quarter, the company reported net sales fell 10.5%.

The stock is up 55% year-to-date.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hmm... Good.

More guns in the hands of Citizens means a better defense against whatever evil, heinous, sinister plans lurk around the corner for us Americans..

·
Registered
399 Posts
Smith & Wesson is getting it right. The M&P line are awesome. Revolvers are still very popular. And customer service is good. They seem to be (finally) looking at the long range business situation. Good on S&W.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Capitalism works! Whoda thunk it?:D

·
Registered
36,291 Posts
Economy is worse(or the same at the best) world conditions are worse, general unrest in the population, more distrust of the government.
Good news for gun companies and accessories for a respected company with name recognition!
We now have 5 indoor gun ranges within 25 miles of my house and they all are doing well it seems.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I intend to assist the trend in any way that I can! :thumb: :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts