Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hard to beat the 5906 but they do be heavy. Love mine but must admit I carry the 469 more than the 5906.

·
Administrator
18,415 Posts
An excellent deal on one of the better made S&W Pistols! :cool:

Of course as with any used handgun, condition is what matters most.

·
Registered
729 Posts
An excellent deal on one of the better made S&W Pistols! :cool:

Of course as with any used handgun, condition is what matters most.
I agree. Several years ago I sold a Yugo SKS f2f to a local individual. He was carrying a 5906 when we met for the transfer and I have wanted one ever since.

The price is attractive but they don't have any pictures attached to the listing. They specify the condition is "Good" but a picture would be worth a thousand words = $294.51

·
Registered
507 Posts
I agree. Several years ago I sold a Yugo SKS f2f to a local individual. He was carrying a 5906 when we met for the transfer and I have wanted one ever since.

The price is attractive but they don't have any pictures attached to the listing. They specify the condition is "Good" but a picture would be worth a thousand words = $294.51
Most of the ones hitting the market these days are from the last few years on the 5906's reign. It's most likely blued hammer & trigger, oval trigger guard, low profile driftable sights and curved back strap. Carried lots but all steel so who cares.

That price is getting close to the "Call it a parts kit and put it on the self for service" point if it weren't for the fact they are SOOOOO NICE to shoot.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

These were found by CAI somewhere. If you look at most any sight that has them listed you'll know what they look like.

Here's a link to another company listing them.

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product/Details/11233694

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
I wonder why they gave up on the model completely . . . .

It really is a nice lookin’ gun. And with the lightweight alloys available nowadays they could probably trim 1/3 off the original weight. 15+1 ain’t nuttin’ to sneeze about.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
We carried them at work for years but recently switched to the m&p. We were able to buy them for $250, I got 5 15 round magazines, 2 retention holsters, 1 thigh holster, 2 mag pouches and the box. Great pistols but as mentioned above they can be heavy if you carry them for a while.
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder why they gave up on the model completely . . . .

It really is a nice lookin’ gun. And with the lightweight alloys available nowadays they could probably trim 1/3 off the original weight. 15+1 ain’t nuttin’ to sneeze about.
Because they're not strike fired made of plastic fantastic material.

·
Registered
507 Posts
We carried them at work for years but recently switched to the m&p. We were able to buy them for $250, I got 5 15 round magazines, 2 retention holsters, 1 thigh holster, 2 mag pouches and the box. Great pistols but as mentioned above they can be heavy if you carry them for a while.
View attachment 437669
That's like my replacement 5906; one of the last runs for the model. Mine has a serial number about 800 units after yours. My first 5906 was the older squared trigger guard. Traded it for a Sig P226 that eventually got sold to by a Dan Wesson Patriot. The P226 and the DW are both gone but I really missed the 5906 and so bought another Police Trade-in. Who knows, it may even be one from your department.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Because they're not strike fired made of plastic fantastic material.
Neither are Sig P2XX series autos nor Colt Mark series nor the Defender series but they remain at the top of best seller lists year after year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts