Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I have purchased the Desantis Clip Grips for the little J Frame Model 360pd. It allows you to wear it IWB without a holster. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one or not? If so;

1. Problems,
2. Opinions,
3. Just general feedback.

Please advise when possible. :D

Thanks,

rd

·
Administrator
40,171 Posts
Never used one, but uncomfortable comes to mind. Let us know your thoughts after you use it for awhile.

Reactions: CJS3

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about a DA revolver without trigger protection. If it was a problem the company would have ben sued into the ground by now, not to mention that "Barami" was making them years ago along with others.

I have "Mexican carried" a 1911 for days/miles and that is uncomfortable enough for me , I also have a "clipspringer" that fits my S&W 639 and does the same thing and it too is, at best, a "make do" kind of thing. I don't think I'd like a revolver cylinder rubbing me. I understand, from others, that the larger you are in the waistband and more padding you have packed in your "modular, portable food storage apparatus" the less you notice the gun in that carry mode though.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Mine are on a 642. To answer your questions:

1) None

2) A well made product which adds to the number of ways you can tote your pistol.

3) Mine are generally used to suspend the 642 at the top of my right front pants pocket.

Although I rarely IWB, I have used them for it and had no problems.

They make boot carry easy.

POI was not affected and they aren't any less comfortable to shoot than any other minimalistic grip.

Remember, you can still use your holsters or any other type of carry with the Clip Grips installed.

·
Premium Member
11,232 Posts
I usually carry my snub nosed revolvers in my pocket. I did use a cheap IWB holster for a while, but for me pocket carry is just more comfortable.

·
Registered
27,567 Posts
I like a holster. I feel that it protects both me and a gun. Gives me psychological and physical comfort.

But in the end it is all up to you.

Interesting statistic: NYPD averages about 0.07% accidental/negligent discharges/gun/year.
So just stay safer than that. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts