Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Smith equivalent to Taurus transfer bar?

2667 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  mwj999
OK, so I managed to break the transfer bar on my Taurus 327 while dry firing, with snap caps, believe it or not.:???: I know that I could send it back to Miami for forty to seventy bucks, but it was a $230 gun. Given the option, I'd much rather spend ten or fifteen bucks mail ordering a new transfer bar and replacing it myself, if only Taurus would sell me one, but Taurus couldn't possibly entrust such a complex task to any of us lesser mortals.:icon_rolleyes: Does anyone know of a transfer bar made for a Smith (or other manufacturer's) small frame revolver that might be interchangeable and actually available? I don't care about voiding the warranty. It's too expensive to use.
1 - 3 of 4 Posts
Thanks, chicharrones. It doesn't look as if the Smith hammer block will work. The hammer block for a Charter Arms revolver looks as if it might work, though I'm only looking at this diagram rather than the actual part. I don't know whether anyone else has tried one.

I could try mending my transfer bar with JB Weld, or duct tape :), or maybe trying to get a buddy to TIG weld it. If none of that works out, then the 327 either gets shipped back to Miami (at great expense :() or becomes an expensive paperweight.
I called Taurus Customer Service, and they offered me the option of sending the 327 back in (at my expense) or selling me a transfer bar for $6.74 including shipping. I bought the transfer bar. So Taurus will sell some internal parts, but not others. Me not understand, Kemo Sabe. :confused:
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.