Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone has ever used a smartcarry holster or heard about. i saw it on a self-defense video and it looked like a good idea. if you could give me your opinons about it, i might purchase one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Smartcarry holster is well built and quite comfortable for extended wear. It hides well and while the maker carries a full sized 1911 in his i find that my 5" 1911 just doesn't hide all that well in it, but my Taurus PT140 compact carries very well in it. I also carried an S&W M&P 9c quite easy with the Smartcarry. A pair of shorts and a T shirt are all you need with it for concealed carry. Any slacks that aren't skin tight will hide it quite well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've also been looking and I'm just not comfortable with pulling my waist band then shoving my hand down.....oops wrong grap.....to get my defensive carry in a bad situation.

I still haven't found anything that's a good all round deep conceal. I'm considering the supertuck deluxe for a best alternative. I just don't think a large/medium semi is a concealable pistol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have mine off to the side just a touch but to where it still conceals 100% of the time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Second_Life said:
I've also been looking and I'm just not comfortable with pulling my waist band then shoving my hand down.....oops wrong grap.....to get my defensive carry in a bad situation.

I still haven't found anything that's a good all round deep conceal. I'm considering the supertuck deluxe for a best alternative. I just don't think a large/medium semi is a concealable pistol.
Have you ever seen the picture of the guy who makes the Smartcarry? Kind of short slender... You would not think this slender dude could carry a full sized 1911 there and hide it, but look at his pictures, he does.

For me a full sized 1911 doesn't really hide out there very good, but a medium or compact size works just fine. When ever i wear that holster, which is when i want just a T shirt in the heat, the wife usuallys asks me if i am carrying today or not, and if she can't tell, i sure doubt anyone else can. Just don't try and wear skin tight pants when trying to conceal.

And by the way, the Supertuck Crossbreed is a great conceal holster. I can and do carry that 5" 1911 with no problems and very comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts