Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PT-145 Millennium (not pro) that is compact.... but no rail for a laser...and still a little big. I am looking for smaller Taurus in 45, or maybe 9mm........ with a short rail. What's the smallest? I don't want to go below 9mm....and 45 is preferred. Rail is a must. Suggestions?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
PT 145 as stated in above post OR:

9mm PT609 also has a rail (same size as the PT111)

·
Super Moderator
21,544 Posts
Why a light rail on a small gun. I'm against light on guns unless your LEO or militay. The last thing I want to see is a dying family member because they caused the bump in the night I carry a small surfire. I use it a lot and it won't accidently discharge. I've had a guy try to break in to my house in the middle of the night, I was really happy he did not know were I was. My $.02

·
Registered
796 Posts
The PT-145 3 Rd Gen is the same size as the PT-111. Only difference is width on the grip. PT-111 is 1.125 and PT-145 is 1.25

·
Registered
19 Posts
PT745 is smaller in the grip than PT 145, though it has the same sized slide. 745 is single-stack. I believe the 745 carries 6 plus one, compared to 10 plus one for the 145 (if I remember correctly).

·
Administrator
35,317 Posts
My PT145 has the rail, but I doubt I'll ever use it...same reasons that 45 Forever is alluding to. I don't want to advertise where I am at night. I'm about to order some Heinie straight-eight tritium sights for my 145, I've grown to like the sight config and tritium doesn't advertise where I am....and it will last for years.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does anyone know of a company that makes a light to fit the PT145. The rail is smaller than most rails. Usually I would not put one on a weapon so small but when I travel out of town my carry weapon becomes my home/hotel/ wherever I lay my head defense weapon and it would be nice to put a light (without laser) on and remove it the next day when I venture into the world.

·
Super Moderator
21,544 Posts
gunfun1002 Try springfield-XD or Glock they both make mini lights for there mini guns.

·
Administrator
35,317 Posts
Armalite makes one, I've had it on my PT145. They also make one for the Keltec PF9, I've tried that one on too. Both were the light/laser combo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts